At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Retail IT Technical Specialist is responsible for supporting Burberry's Retail systems and working on Retail projects to deliver enhanced capability to our global store estate. The primary systems of responsibility include Point of Sale, payments & the associated peripherals, e.g. printers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop relationships with business functions to form an understanding of the retail operations to assess identified problem statements and inform the scope and need for change to our Retail IT Products/Applications.
- Utilising Retail Product (e.g. POS) expertise to assess business needs and define scaled solutions to meet the goals and objectives of the business.
- Lead the assessment and prioritisation of product enhancement backlog(s) and collaborate with business owners and the Retail IT team throughout the solution design, build, test and release to ensure effective delivery and alignment with defined business requirements.
- Work with project managers to provide technical support for project delivery where required, including POS & other system cut-overs , including occasional out of hours support.
- Ensure all technical deliverables are produced to a high quality, providing appropriate feedback as necessary
- Engage and manage all key stakeholders, central and regional, to ensure solution delivered meets end user expectations
- Evolve ways of working to continually improve what, how, when, who
- Contribute to the E2E estimating model providing quality technical estimates, feeding into the resource plan
- Collaborate with the service desk and other support teams to identify, prioritise, and resolve incidents
- Support the resolution of Problems, supporting the technical teams and external suppliers, ensuring the high quality that a retail business demands
- Document all tasks undertaken within the team including reoccurring issues and processes
- Take ownership of issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate teams
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Maintain up-to-date technological knowledge to enable the constant improvement of systems, tools, processes and procedures.
- Assist in the evaluation of application and system software packages.
- Assist in the evaluation and testing of new equipment.
Retail systems and / POS experience supporting global retail organisations and technologies Technical Knowledge
Ideally should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Retail POS Systems
- Knowledge of integrated payment solutions
- Knowledge of POS Peripherals and configuration such as Receipt Printers, Scanners and Payment Devices
- Experience working as a Retail IT specialist supporting global retail organisations and technologies
- Knowledge of how POS systems integrations (Gift Card, Payments and Taxware etc)
- Windows platforms (Active directory, File Shares, SCCM, etc.)
- Database (SQL)
(Oracle Micros POS):
- Hardening of POS Builds
- API Knowledge
- Mobile POS
- Scripting (Batch, PowerShell)
Ability to prioritise incidents, problems, escalate to service owners or third party providers, manage stakeholders, and minimise disruption on business or IT operations in a short time frame
Willing to travel for POS Deployment Pilots FOOTER
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || RETAIL || n/a ||