Assistant Pattern Maker
- Santa Monica, California
- Closing date
- 28 Dec 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Assist entire technical design team to assemble and update tech packs to vendors and support measuring garments
- Assist with updating specs and construction call-outs in tech packs
- Receive samples and prep them for fittings
- Coordinate, prepare and organize fit samples for live model fittings and inspect samples following company quality standards
- Attend and take notes in weekly fittings and assist with communicating revisions to factories
- Update and track sample WIP report
- Assist cross-functional teams and handle ad-hoc projects as needed
- 0-2+ years experience in a similar role, internships are acceptable
- Degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Basic understanding and knowledge of fabric types and garment construction and tech packs required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues and take thorough notes in fittings
- Experience in PLM a plus
- Ability to sketch in adobe illustrator a plus
A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.
FIGS is revolutionizing the $60B medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through a thoughtfully branded and data-driven, digitally native platform. We have transformed the way medical professionals think and purchase their workwear and created a fanatical community made up of roughly one in ten people in the US that work in healthcare. FIGS product quality has set a new standard in apparel design and has a relentless focus on fit, function, design, and comfort. We also give back. Our Threads for Threads initiative is central to the mission and has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries around the world. We're a fast-growing, innovative, and collaborative team whose mission is to serve those who serve others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert