FIGS is looking for an Assistant Technical Designer to report into our Fit Innovation Manager / Senior Patternmaker and assist with all garment components including fit, fabric, construction, stitch and trim and assist with fit comments and tech packs. This person will support our PD and Design teams with all measurement and fit details accurately to execute premium medical apparel products directly to our consumers. Our ideal candidate is passionate and interested in Technical apparel design, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. This individual should be creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail-oriented. This is the perfect opportunity to hone your skill set, learn from an exceptional team and continue to grow within Technical Design.
- Assist entire technical design team to assemble and update tech packs to vendors and support measuring garments
- Assist with updating specs and construction call-outs in tech packs
- Receive samples and prep them for fittings
- Coordinate, prepare and organize fit samples for live model fittings and inspect samples following company quality standards
- Attend and take notes in weekly fittings and assist with communicating revisions to factories
- Update and track sample WIP report
- Assist cross-functional teams and handle ad-hoc projects as needed
A little bit about us...
- 0-2+ years experience in a similar role, internships are acceptable
- Degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Basic understanding and knowledge of fabric types and garment construction and tech packs required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues and take thorough notes in fittings
- Experience in PLM a plus
- Ability to sketch in adobe illustrator a plus
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.