The Technical Design Manager serves as a leader within the technical design function. The manager leads by example and manages technical designers of all levels while meeting the needs and demands of the business. This role reports into the Senior Director of Technical Design and Fit Innovation. Responsibilities
- Daily collaboration with cross functional team to gain clear direction on calendar, understanding desired fit intent and projects that will require additional stages within the fit approval process
- Evaluate current processes and make recommendations for any process changes that would maximize efficiencies
- Manage the development calendar and surface any deadline issues that may result in the technical team not meeting deadlines
- Work closely with the cross functional team to understand the vision and carry it through to production without compromising the vision
- Provide technical expertise to the design team, technical team, offshore office and suppliers. Foresee problems and offer alternatives
- Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Lead in problem solving during fittings as well as ensuring all information is identified in the fit room
- Support the technical designers in managing workload and pattern corrections
- Coach and train technical designers in order to execute follow up in a timely manner, how they execute fit sessions and pattern corrections
- Ensure the established grade rules are being used and problem solve grading where necessary in order to maintain fit consistency
- Support PLM database for grade rules, POMs, HTM and tolerances
- Develop Tools to help technical designers work efficiently while maintaining standards of excellence
- Attends all cross functional weekly meeting with Senior Director
- Collaborate and work closely with overseas vendors/factories to ensure pattern corrections, construction and grading is understood and samples x in a timely manner
- Support Senior Director within building out the technology platform and best practices for the department
- Ensure block library for all sizes is maintained
- Collaborate with Lead Pattern of Fit Innovation on all new block development
A little bit about us...
- 10+ Years working as a proven leader within technical design
- 5+ Years working within Plus, Extended Sizing and Big and Tall
- Associates or bachelor's degree within Fashion Design or Technical Design
- Meets and strives to increase productivity, build standards and implement process
- Must have technical experience with multiple product categories with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Strong understanding and extensive knowledge of all fabric types and garment construction
- Experience and Passion in Gerber PDS and 3D
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Suite
- Requires strong organization and follow up skills
- Detail oriented with great time management skills
- Travel experience and able to travel
- Experience with PLM (centric preferred) and experience with Illustrator/Photoshop
- Must have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- Fast paced multi-tasking environment
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.