Responsible for creating and managing the organization's marketing strategy, marketing calendar, marketing budget and all marketing activations with the purpose of increasing market share and strengthening the Calvin Klein business and brand within Japan market. Also required to be the gatekeeper of Calvin Klein's brand image and brand guidelines.
We are looking for a candidate who...
- Possesses strong passion towards marketing, fashion and the Calvin Klein brand.
- Has an eye of what needs to be done to grow the business and brand in the short term, while simultaneously tackling action plans to support mid-long term growth.
- Is an experienced leader that can smoothly and effortlessly work cross-functionally to build trust and partnerships with the CK APAC marketing team and with other functions within PVH Japan.
- Not just a strategy builder, but can also get very hands on of each function in the marketing team when the situation requires.
- Has a good sense of balance of when to delegate to team members and when to aggressively lead/support to assure projects are managed on time, within the budget and at a high quality.
- Can inspire the team, coach and develop talent within the team.CATEGORIES AND CHANNELS TO COVER:
l PRODUCT CATEGORIES
- Calvin Klein Jeans
- Calvin Klein Accessories
- Calvin Klein Sportswear
- Calvin Klein Underwear
l BUSINESS CHANNELS
- Retail Stores
- Wholesale accounts
- CK Ecommerce & 3rd Party
________________________________________________________________________________PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:Marketing
Fully responsible for all Marketing scopes for brand, products and also PVH corporate (when relevant to the brand). S/he should take a proactive lead, ownership and commitment for strategy building and execution with clear and measurable goals in order to maximize marketing activations and relevancy with market. Following areas are included.Strategic Planning
Based on global/regional brand strategy, clarify the brand direction and target consumer for JPN market. Build the marketing calendar which shows the commercial and brand moments throughout the year, deciding where to align with global/region and where to go local. Accountable for driving the alignment with key stakeholders in APAC and within other functions of PVH Japan.Media Planning & PR
- Lead/manage smart and impactful media planning and buying of through all marketing funnels (covers both traditional and digital media). Make sure the planning and buying is aligned with business and brand objectives, clear KPIs are set, manages the performance and spins PDCA cycles.
- Performance marketing (SEM/SEO) will be managed by Digital Strategy team outside of the marketing team, though alignment is necessary.
- Lead/manage all PR related activities to maximize brand exposure, and build the brand narrative we aim.
Retail Marketing (Full Price, Outlet, Wholesale)
- Drive a digital first 360 consumer engagement around key hero products and key consumer moments.
- Strengthen our brand presence and business in our .com and 3rd party sites. Understands and leverages the differences and uniqueness of each digital platform to make that happen.
- Influencer marketing
- Social media marketing (non-media)
- Media planning (more details mentioned in above "Media Planning" section)
- Events planning and supervising execution (also get involved into execution as well) of events.
- Multiple types of events will be covered, such as in-store events, POP UP Stores, media events, sell-in events, etc...
- Some will be more global/regional driven, whereas others are more local drivenIn-store and store-front POP
- Planning and supervising execution (also get involved into execution as well) of announcement tools in print and digital format as key and common campaign visual assets to be used at all consumer touch points including CK partners (3rd parties and licensee partner's EC site).
- CRM toolsProduct Catalog
- Supervising seasonal product catalogs (both in print and digital) production and delivery by working with global design team and Japan local production teamGWP
- Supervising selection and delivery of products for GWP for driving business of respective categories at right timingCollaterals
- Brand tag, post packaging, etc...
- Global and local Creative Assets Control
- Supervise seasonal and permanent creative assets management for relevant internal team and to share with relevant outsourcing companies, developed by global team and internallyEffective forecast and post-analysis
- Always keep mindful of effectiveness and efficiency in terms of manpower and marketing budget investment
- Impact forecast considering respective target
- Be sure to do post-campaign exposure analysis and review with analysis to improve efficiency of similar initiatives happening in futureBudget Control
- Keep mindful of effectiveness and efficiency in terms of manpower and marketing budget investment
- Marketing budget control on monthly, quarterly and annual basisTeam Management
- Unites the team towards one vision and goal
- High energy personality that inspires and motivates the team
- Can lead by example (not just a preacher)
- Can coach and develop talent / Consistent feedback
- Must possess high degree of fashion aesthetic; interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media.
- Support the introduction of new ideas. Can work within the creative process effectively, and support to bring ideas to realization.
- Proactive attitude and creativity to develop Japan-market relevant and out-of-box idea leveraging media and celebrities sometimes from scratch basis or based on global strategy
- Keen interest and understanding on youth culture and street culture
- Builds good working relationships; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables.
- Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization (Japan and overseas); effectively works at long distances.
- Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress. Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with APAC and global marketing teams
- Ability to work under ambiguity
- Strongly conscious of brand awareness, recognition, relevancy increase
- Business-driving and ROI conscious
- Detailed oriented but keep strategic POV to be aligned to other teams and functionsQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Minimum 10 years experiences in Marketing with at least 2 years in supervisory role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in brand marketing (ideally international retail brands), digital marketing, media planning and buying, PR, influencer marketing and retail marketing. International experience preferred.
- Have worked in or for fashion / apparel industry in companies or agencies
- Experience having worked in retail business background is Plus
- 2D and 3D creative direction with well-balanced sense of esthetic and business POVs
- Have worked with business partner or for clients English communication was required on daily basis
- Already having had network with +5 vendors totally of design/production and event companies
- Illustrator, Photoshop or other designing PC software usage experience is plusEducation:
- University and/or related degreeSkills:
- Japanese copy writing and proof skill (professional level)
- Have PC software skillset for Microsoft Office (power point, excel, outlook, word)
- Excellence in English writing and verbal communication (Level of TOEIC score 850 or above) and native Japanese)
- Wide knowledge of the full marketing mix including marcom, digital, CRM, retail marketing, creative development, research and analysis, etc...
- Strong strategic planning
- Ability to execute and drive projects forward (not just being a planner)
- Strong leadership while also possessing a team spirit and collaborative attitude
- Smoothly operates in a cross functional environment. Knows how/when to involve multiple functions, and how to lead cross functional teams/projects
- Hands on mentality
- Naturally proactive
- Attention to details
- Precise budget management
- High aesthetic sense (can lead creative development and be the final approver)
- Strong focus on speed
- Positive attitude that endlessly tests and improves from past learnings
- The flexibility to accept and adapt to changes of the market and org
- Willing to tackle responsibilities and tasks outside of marketing for the good of the company and ppl working there