SOFT WOVENS DESIGN ASSOCIATE
DÔEN is a Los Angeles-based line inspired by nostalgia for the California of decades past. Our mission is to create lasting, beautiful collections while supporting women-identifying individuals in all aspects of our organization, supply chain, and community. We strive to connect with our customers, build an open community, and foster relationships with the inspiring individuals who wear our clothes throughout their lives. We work with domestic and overseas manufacturers who share our values and commitment of gender and social equality as well as giving back by partnering with foundations that directly benefit their employees and surrounding community. DÔEN is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate inclusivity, equity, representation, and belonging in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
Soft Wovens Design Associate
Dôen is seeking a highly organized and motivated Soft Wovens Design Associate to join our team on a full-time basis in Van Nuys, CA. The ideal candidate will support Designer + Chief Creative Officer in daily functions with an emphasis on fitting and sketching into seasonal concept. Design Associate will report to the Designer.
- Create and maintain presentation / design boards
- Liaising between CCO, Designer, Product Development, Tech Design and Production Team
- Flat sketch designs from concept, update sketches as product evolves for all soft wovens
- CAD print to bodies and work on print / pattern placement layouts for all soft wovens
- Create trim layouts for all soft wovens
- Research design details and elements that are in line with brand creative direction
- Work on design and concept for updates to best-selling styles
- Being mindful of the design/development calendar and helping design stay on calendar/strategize lead times when launching new designs
- Attend all fittings and support Designer and CCO by fitting styles back to design intent Ensure that all tops, dresses and woven sketches are being updated in a timely manner after fittings
- 3-5 years of experience in the apparel industry
- Degree in Apparel or Fashion
- Experience with CAD and Adobe (Photoshop & Illustrator) software
- Strong Sketching skills
- Fitting experience and knowledge of garment construction
- Knowledge of the wash/dye process, embellishments, and different fabrics
- Relevant contemporary experience with an appreciation of fabric and trims
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Effective time management and ability to stay organized
- Attention to detail & deadline-oriented
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Passionate about working for an inclusive, values driven brand.
- Ability to foster an inclusive and respectful working environment.
In our hiring, we are actively seeking candidates with a commitment to anti-racism, and with skills to advance equity, inclusion, and racial justice in their work. You’ll be joining a company that is inclusive and celebrates multiple approaches and views as we believe diversity drives creativity and growth. We work hard to foster a culture of honesty, integrity and collaboration where growth is not only encouraged but expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer