Overview: The Manager, Business Planning will provide financial insight and analyses to support management decision making for the Americas Region. This role will support the region in development of the Budget, Forecasts and strategic plans for the Americas, with a focus on sales and market share.
Key Accountabilities: Americas Budget and Target Setting
Americas Competitor Reporting and Analysis
- Support Americas leadership and Markets in development of the annual budget, rolling forecasts and strategic business plans.
- Utilize internal and external trends to generate suggested store targets for the Northern America retail network. Work with Market VPs to align on appropriate monthly sales targets for all NA locations. Maintain and communicate all target data.
- Maintain and distribute achievement calculations and reporting for performance and compensation calculations.
Lead Store Network Financial Analysis
- Monthly collection and analysis of internal luxury jeweler data for comparison by market.
- Maintain catalog and summary of external competitor data.
- Prepare weekly and monthly comparative business reviews by market and focus city.
Productivity Reporting and Forecasting
- Maintain tracking of store network projects and synthesize into long range strategic plans.
- Prepare proformas and analyses of real estate transactions, including sales, acquisitions, leases and disposals.
- Create and update relevant project support documents, including Store Network Committee packs as needed by the business.
- Work with Americas financial planning team to ensure all projects are accurately reflected in budget and forecast exercises.
- Generate sales productivity reporting, utilizing key store metrics.
- Combine with sales forecasts to monitor and predict store staffing needs.
- Function as financial systems subject matter expert - Oversight of financial reporting systems and liaison to supporting IT teams. Work with BO and GFG groups to implement new reports, automate existing reports, and troubleshoot reporting errors.
- College degree
- 6+ years of business experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of and experience with multi-dimensional database or other computer-based planning system
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with management
- Strong diplomacy skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Sound decision making skills
- Self-motivation with a strong drive for achievement
- Ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
- Retail or consumer goods background
- Knowledge of Business Objects and other Tiffany systems
The hiring range for this position ranges from $125,885.00 - $177,720.00. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.