Are you an assertive multitasker who thrives in a high-energy, fast-pаced working environment? Are you a fashion industry lover who wants to join an amazing team of creative people in a growing startup company?
BY FAR is looking to hire a Bag Development Assistant who will support the work of the Design and Development teams in order to forward the execution of each collection from start to finish. This is a dynamic and challenging position that requires a motivated candidate with a keen eye for detail and excellent organisational skills. Day-to-day responsibilities would range from the preparation of technical and design specs, follow up on orders, direct contact with suppliers, as well as admin tasks like arranging shipments, creating spreadsheets and filing information on our digital systems.
BY FAR is a Bulgarian luxury shoe and bag brand focusing on modern pieces with a nostalgia for vintage. Our premium product is made with love and an appreciation for the finest materials, outstanding quality and comfort. A breakout social media success, BY FAR has earned a cult following among the fashion crowd, with a steady stream of influencers, actresses and stylists trotting the globe in BY FAR’s mini bags, simple booties and square-toe sandals that anticipate that 90's coolness.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Work across multiple collections and multiple product groups;
- Be the point of contact and own responsibility for the movement of all materials and protos/samples during the Design and Development Process;
- Record all prototypes and samples that come into the Studio;
- Collect and store, own and update all technical information charts about materials;
- Create flat drawings, colour ups, technical drawings, etc. Work with Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Support in creating and updating specification sheets for the new styles;
- Communicate directly with factories and suppliers when required;
- Assist with showroom prep and oversee the deliveries;
- Enter information on the ERP system and other digital tools where relevant;
- Review protos and samples with the team; take notes and prepare comments and photos to support the Bag Developer;
- Support the team in creating the collection notes and support Sales and PR teams with information about the collection during the wholesale market;
- Prepare and fill in product sheets with market comments on quality issues and needed improvements;
- Manage the day-to-day Development Studio Workspace, keeping it tidy and orderly;
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or a business related field;
- At least 1 year working experience in development or similar;
- Technical knowledge of bag and/or shoe construction is a plus;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details under pressure;
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Eager to learn and grow;
- Excellent level of English language is a must.
WHY WORK WITH US
- A full-time job on a permanent contract;
- A very good salary;
- Dynamic working environment in a booming startup in the coolest industry;
- A super cool team;
- Additional health insurance and other perks;
- Great office and office location.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
If what we have described seems like the perfect fit for you, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
Our team will be contacting only shortlisted candidates.
Before applying to this job ad, please, read our Candidate Privacy Notice.