Studio Operations Coordinator
The Studio Operations Coordinator role is to have broad oversight of the product creation cycle – including RTW, shoes and bags – from concept through production. This job starts with working closely with the COO at the initial stages of the design process through to the launches, selection of materials and manufacturers of the samples, fabrications, fittings, production, and delivery of the sample garments; following calendars and budgets.
RESPONSIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT This person will be responsible for assisting the COO, building and following calendars and budgets. Attending design, development, production and logistics meetings, ensuring the product flow
- Assists the design team creating linesheets, updating pricing models and updating calendar. Proactively serves as a sounding board to COO but also as a safety rail to ensure that the sample budget, the commercial collection requirements and other considerations such as merchandising considerations, brand messaging and pricing range are respected. Assists the design team setting and organizing the styling, lookbook and runway sessions
Calendar & Process:
- Assisting COO to ensure timeline adherence and ensures that work is completed in budgeted time and in accordance with collection schedules Sets and manages multi-seasonal design development calendar based on seasonal runway shows or presentations Partners with Knitwear, Shoe and Handbag developers on setting calendars to align cross-product departments. Follow up and follow through for deliverables in all categories. Create and manage contingency plans based on calendar. Oversee design studio to ensure processes are being followed in a productive and efficient way. Act as representative from design team when it comes to booking the Creative Director for Marketing, Sales and other obligations
- Oversees preparation of the showroom for show and presentation styling, including but not limited to coordinating equipment rental, collection delivery arrival, seamstress schedules and dresser assignments. Manages backstage of Runway show concerning safeguarding the clothes.
- Manager of Seasonal Collection Budgets across RTW, Handbags and Shoes. Tracked all spending based on collection budgets – allowing for maximum creative development while also staying within constraints of funds. Manager of Special Projects budgets.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Bachelor’s degree Minimum 3 years of experience with a luxury goods or relevant brand/business Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Attention to detail is essential Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solves problems proactively Anticipates challenges and finds solutions for them Looks for ways to improve processes Thinks analytically when considering data, and presents data clearly with a view to providing a decision aide Uses Excel very proficiently to achieve required goals Constantly seeks to improve processes
Team Working & Communication:
- Escalates problems quickly and understands risks of not communicating issues quickly Seeks help when appropriate and comfortably Offers help to peers spontaneously Willing to assume roles as needed Communicates with clarity and precision Fosters open environment through idea sharing and active listening Builds sturdy and balanced business relationships with counterparties Builds trust Solicits and acts on feedback Gives feedback responsibly and with consideration with a view to helping the team members to learn, and the company to move forward effectively Understands and adopts the goals of the company and tries to achieve them Is exemplary in showing consideration, respect and kindness to team members and outside contacts. Voluntarily exchanges information and knowledge within the team Actively volunteers solutions.