The Operations Manager is responsible for driving superb execution of all processes in the store resulting in a positive impact on Sales, Service and Ebit. The OM is expected to develop a motivated, skilled and highly engaged team and possess excellent collaboration skills. The OM ensures best practices are executed and guarantees we provide our customer with a consistently clean, neat and easy to shop environment to enhance the shopping experience.
The critical responsibilities of an OM are to Develop the People and Team, Build a Reputation of Bloomingdale's as the best place to work, Cultivate a Service and Client focused environment, achieve all metrics, manage expense and Ebit through top performance, manage inventory shortage and AP standards and ensure workload completion through the Management of Best practices. Expectations: Skill / Competency: Developing People
Skill Competency: Ensure Easy, Fashionable, Personal, Fun Shopping Experience
- Recruit, develop and retain support professionals who are polished, professional representatives of the Bloomingdale's brand.
- The support team must be equipped to support our upscale selling and service culture, exemplify transformation behaviors and achieve results through flawless execution of standards and processes.
- Engage in quality coaching conversations, recognizing outstanding performance and redirecting when necessary
- Participate in monthly quality developmental conversations with entire team
- Participate in Quarterly talent assessment conversations leveraging expectations and PDR
- Conduct seasonal PDR/ACE conversations
Skill Competency: Manage Inventory and Shortage Control
- Serve as role model for outstanding service, consistently displaying customer first attitude and putting customer at the center of all decisions.
- Ensure brand strategy initiatives are fully embraced by the store at all levels
- Achieve 90% or better fill rate and SLA
- Require and champion the use of technology to support seamless customer experience
- Drive HUR compliance to ensure associate availability
Skill Competency: Workload Completion through Management of Best Practices
- Take leadership role in managing the shortage reduction strategies to 100% compliance, including action plan development and implementation and HSS inventory execution
- Ensure 100% compliance with all merchandise protection standards, audit standards and outbound merchandise best practices.
- Cultivate strong business partnerships with Selling and Visual leadership
- Accountable for secure and timely movement of merchandise (ODRs, go-back, reverse logistics) through the building including stockrooms, wells, and all back-of-house areas.
- Responsible for recovery team as it relates to sortation and delivery of go-backs and ODRs to appropriate departments or floors.
Skill Competency: Deliver Financial Results
- Ensure 90% or better in markdown execution, RTV completion. Job out completion at 100%. CDT completion at 85%.
- Assure 8043 team achieved 90% productivity on a weekly basis.
- Analyze Fed Ticket results daily, RTV daily progress reports, monthly job out reports and address areas of non-compliance with sense of urgency
- Actively participate in workload planning and assure proper use of shared resources from merchandising and logistics.
- Maximize sales opportunity by leveraging our core values while executing Central strategies
- Work in tandem with Sales, Visual teams to coordinate and execute seasonal transition strategies
- Ensure weekly review of business reports to maximize selling including, Regular Price Selling, markdown, Fed Ticket, net-net reporting
- Regularly monitor SP Manager to assess adoption of sales enhancement activitie as well as weekly chit-chat reporting.
- Regularly monitor Pipeline to understand workload implications and make decisions in the best interests of the business.
- Manage damages with continued emphasis on timely pick-ups and execution to maintain an accurate available to sell. Look for opportunities to reduce damages and MOS to protect margin erosion.
- Achieve shortage plan
- Reduce and eliminate Overtime by effective workload planning
- Ability to execute multiple priorities
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Flexible, collaborative, team player