Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview
Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage and inspire a diverse team, balancing creativity with commerce to execute in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. The Senior Manager of Operations focuses on delivering sales/EBIT through execution and support of corporate and store initiatives. The Senior Manager of Operations builds and cultivates a motivated, skilled, and equipped operations team in store. Your focus is to develop and implement processes to drive sales, fulfillment execution, manage expenses, and maximize Earnings Before Income/Taxes (EBIT) improvement, leveraging the central operations, in trade area and in store leadership partners. The Senior Manager of Operations creates a clean, neat, and easy to shop environment, manages inventory shortage with collaboration with the AP team, adheres to Loss Prevention standards and ensures support of workload completion. You work as a member of the trade area team to contribute to trade area initiatives and results in partnership with peers and Trade Area Manager of Operations (TAMO). Essential Functions Fueled by the Power of Relationships
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Develop and retain executive operations/support professionals representative of the brand and diversity to maximize performance
- Manage operations functions in store by partnering with support executives driving sales, standards, service, and execution
- Deliver operations metrics in store. Metrics include Expense, Shortage, EBIT, Productivity, Hours Utilization Report (HUR), fulfillment compliance
- Develop and retain executive operations/support professional's representative of the brand and diversity
- Coordinate onboarding/training for operations/support executives/supervisors in partnership with central Subject Matter Experts (BSM's)
- Strategic partnerships with General Manager to drive profitability
- Drive business opportunities through strategic placement and development of support talent
- Develop and retain fulfillment team achieving results of 93%+ (IFR, ROT, ship speed)
- Achieve Net Promoter Score (NPS) goal
- Drive HUR compliance for store
- Drive service and achieve success as measured by the NPS
- Monitor staffing comments on NPS and with staffing team address issues/opportunities
- Address facility/housekeeping issues in partnership with TAMO, Visual Merchandise Managers and Asset Management
- Review NPS on "Clean, Neat, Easy to Shop" to address general store presentation
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Achieve EBIT Plan
- Partner with Central to develop/deliver in store seasonal shortage reduction strategies
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Bloomingdale's audit and merchandise security standards
- Analyze the store P & L monthly and execute strategies to exceed plan
- Achieve 90% or better markdown compliance, Return to Vendor (RTV) and job out completion for store
- Drive sales volume through team focus and strategic management of people and resources
- Organize/maintain back of house areas to support presentation standards/floor replenishment. Partner with Visual Merchandise Manager (VMM), operations/support team, and in store leadership team to execute merchandising strategies
- Work in store with in store leadership team to drive Big Days through execution of central strategies
- Ensure Fed Ticket compliance, Shoe Audit, HUR, and Loyalty participation to maximize sales Achieve fulfillment fill rates and ship on time standards for store. Achieve HUR standards and work with the central Staffing Team on executing strategies
- Manage expense to financial plan by monitoring expense trends in store
- Work in partnership with Central, TAMO and General Manager on accurate sales/expense forecasting
- Work with Central to execute strategies to achieve expense rate for store
- Achieve all productivity metrics
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 3 years of leadership/managerial experience, preferably within Retail or Fashion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Requires ability to manage people, resources and workflow independently and effectively with minimal direction to drive business outcomes.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build cross functional relationships across the organization.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- It also involves stooping, kneeling, crouching or ladder climbing.