Spring - Summer '23 Patternmaking Intern
The ideal candidate is motivated, organized and energetic. You will collaborate with our team to enhance resources and systems designed to enable the creative process.
As the patternmaking intern, you will be an important part of the ready-to-wear development process – working closely with internal and external partners to ensure our designs are translated into practical, innovative, and market-ready products. You are a cross-functional team-player that will support your manager in building aesthetically pleasing, high-quality garments while achieving financial goals.
- Knowledge of patternmaking and clothing construction
- Highly creative and task orientated
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and creatively problem solve
- Self-motivated, ability to multitask, and high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic with motivation to learn
- Knowledge of Gerber Patternmaking system- Strong plus!
- Cut and sew muslins
- Dot off muslins, pin muslins, general prep work for Patternmakers
- Help organize atelier, trims, and general upkeep of studio
- Meet deadlines, be able to prioritize critical path workload
- Support and assist our pattern making team with daily misc. tasks
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AREA Studio LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law