FIGS is seeking a strong Senior Accountant for our month-end financial close, financial reporting, external audits, and other accounting and finance projects. We are looking for someone who can thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, emerging growth environment to help take the Accounting function to the next level. The ideal candidate will be a successful, curious and proactive Accountant who wants to continue building their accounting career working with a like minded team. What You'll Do:
- Record inventory transactions in the accounting system (NetSuite) including inbound vendor shipments, return receipts from customers, fulfillments of customer orders, inventory transfers, and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile inventory transactions recorded in NetSuite with the warehouse management system (WMS)
- Partner with WMS to improve and optimize inventory reporting
- Contribute to the development, testing, and implication of automation related to inventory transactions
- Ensure revenue and cost of goods sold are recorded based on an accurate ship date cutoff and in line with GAAP requirements
- Bill purchase orders and apply landed cost components including freight and duty to inventories received from vendors
- Work cross functionally with the Finance department to explain material changes in inventory related accounts
- Provide ad hoc inventory reporting and analysis as needed
- Capitalize and expense landed cost components as inventory is received and sold at the SKU level
- Monitor average cost fluctuations
- Assist in the annual audit performed by external auditors by providing support for the selections made on key reports, control procedures and, inventory analytics
- Participate in year-end inventory counts and quarterly warehouse visits
- Take ownership of inventory transactions and other special projects as needed
What We look For:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- Public Accounting and SOX 404 experience required
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in an inventory related capacity, e-commerce preferred
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Strong teamwork and business partnering capabilities
- Forward looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
- Ability to leverage technology for efficient data gathering and analysis
A little bit about us...
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Team player with an egoless nature
- Entrepreneurial spirit
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.