The VP Communications is in charge of setting brand strategy. The incumbent will be the strategist at the country level, create the long-range plan for the market and prioritize the needs based upon the market's requirements, consumer groups, and product. They will set the strategy and determine the priorities for the Americas.
It is the VP Communications' responsibility to ensure that local (market) execution is aligned with the strategy that they have set, working with cluster heads and local market resources.
They will demonstrate experience and overall potential for a general management position at the country level. They will lead a team currently comprising the heads of Media & PR & Events in the Americas. The VP will have accountability for reviewing this current team structure and propose any changes to align to functional and business needs.
They will think strategically while also being hands-on in overseeing the day-to-day execution of the agreed upon strategy with a focus on clients, people and brand desirability. They will be open and approachable and will work with both the central team and the local teams in a transparent, united and mutually supportive manner. MD will model and champion our core belief; People Make the Difference and our values; Be Creative & Innovative, Deliver Excellence and Cultivate an Entrepreneurial Spirit!
Key Accountabilities: Brand Strategy Management
Brand Local Execution Management
- Originate, develop and lead robust marketing strategies to maximize resources & market potential to align with global brand positioning.
- Lead a strategic planning and execution of integrated interdisciplinary promotional efforts of Marketing, Media, PR and Events.
- Thoughtfully conceptualize global brand strategy to effectively provide insight for market implementation.
Metrics and Measurement
- Translation of centrally developed brand concepts for local execution when relevant.
- Lead and manage the interdependencies between functions within the region and foster the alignment within the functions.
- Assess and recommend trade-offs within markets.
- Manage & evaluate the performance results with sub- teams to deliver the best results .
Agency and Staff Management
- Originate, develop and Implement qualitative and quantitative market research levering local and Central resources.
- Lead in assessing and reporting competitive and cultural trends
- Develop and lead strategies concerning identified trends, spearhead the projects on Chinese customer initiatives.
- Track trends, analyzing market research & studies, making recommendations, and developing comprehensive strategic briefs based on data.
- Originate understanding mind set of consumer and competition in order for us to keep the competitive advantage - acting on this insight.
Relationship Management (Global and Market)
- Manage & direct Advertising, Media, Public Relations, managing marketing teams for China.
- Maintain strong relationships with key press and opinion leaders in China and see opportunities for high visibility brand and product stories in partnership with Central.
- Oversee and optimize agency relationships and active pursuit of emerging media.
- Responsible for making the case to central regarding the market needs with influence and two-way dialogue to ensure there is a balance.
- As touch points to ensure one brand voice - including, but not limited to human resources (for employment / product brand alignment), education and real estate for brand message, product presentation and other key alignments .
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functionality within marketing specialties, preferred experience also leading non marketing functions, e.g. Merchandising/ Category management
- Luxury industry preferred experience in premium brands.
- Broad business acumen
- Ability to benchmark luxury standards against own experience across the industry.
- A deep and demonstrated understanding of luxury marketing likely to be gained via:
- 10+ years in marketing at senior level within the luxury/ premium industry.
- Demonstrable track record of leading a marketing strategy though a period of change.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with gravitas and credibility.
- Evidence of strong networks and reputation in the marketing arena.
- Demonstrated team leadership and development skills.
- Ability to self-direct /work with ambiguity.
- Degree or post graduate degree in marketing or other relevant discipline.
The hiring range for this position ranges from $ 240,000 - $300,000 . The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for bonus.