We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. APPLICATION DEADLINE - FEBRUARY 24TH APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY REVIEWED UP TO APPLICATION DEADLINE
Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible. What you will learn...
The program begins with an intensive orientation including Brand Learning Sessions (BLS) based on other areas of the business to provide a full 360 overview of design from concept to completion.
You will have ongoing learning & development opportunities, exposure to senior leaders and the opportunity to present a final project to creatives within the organization. Upon completion of the program, you will have gained hands on experience at America's leading accessories house and will have developed valuable skills that will position you for future success. What you will do...
You will partner with the Coach Creative Studio team to learn all aspects of branded content, work with designers across creative marketing and work across media and channels including digital and print. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented graphic designers, copy and art directors as well as partners in the business. You will have ownership over:
The below departments will be hosting Brand Creative Apprentices:
- Prepare marketing materials, create layouts, develop graphics, and design promotional tools
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions with your team, including concept and design ideation
- Learn to create within an existing brand framework and sensibility - i.e. print and digital templates, imagery guidelines, and typography
- Assist in the development of graphical presentations
- Maintain and manage digital files and artworks
- Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in graphic design
- Partnering with but not limited to project management, production, and teams within creative
Qualifications you will need...
- COACH Retail Creative Content
- COACH Brand Creative Content
ALL APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH A PORTFOLOIO (AS EITHER A PDF OR WEBSITE) Our Competencies for All Employees
- Candidates should be current seniors or recent graduates pursuing a bachelor's degree in Graphic or Communications Design
- Ability to work full-time, five days a week with a 12 month commitment
- Advanced proficiency and experience using design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Keynote, PowerPoint)
- Prior internship experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude, with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Self-starter, open to constructive feedback and ongoing professional development
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- Must have an understanding of typography, layout, and general design principles
- Interested candidates should attach examples of their work along with their resume
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/