- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 12 Dec 2022
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
Reports To- Logistic & Operations Manager
ERDEM is an independent house of bold fashion for women and men, based in London. Founded in 2005 by designer Erdem Moralioglu MBE, the brand has forged its own path within the industry. Poetic and rigorous, ageless and timeless, powerful and versatile, Erdem's world is an intriguing interplay of strength and beauty.
An office-based role working closely within the Logistics Department. Coordinating all inbound and outbound stock movements with our third-party warehouse and ensuring that all client orders are packed and shipped according to each account’s criteria. Also Responsible for inventory management and shipping within the business. Responsibility for the picked and packed processes for our Retail operations.
This is an exciting time for Erdem as a high-growth business looking to take the next leap. This role is a critical link in the operational chain building a best-in-class function and driving excellence throughout key processes
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables
- Ownership of the daily liaison and coordination with the third-party warehouse with regards to inbound/outbound stock as well as stock management Ownership of the communication with Production Department with regards to inbound and outbound of raw materials, finished goods shipments, booking relevant freight forwarders, and collating necessary paperwork and quotations. Ownership of the smooth and timely delivery of all wholesale orders from the third-party warehouses based in UK and Italy within the specified seasonal delivery window to the respective clients. Owning the relationship with logistic partners to guarantee the efficient delivery of goods, offering the highest standard of customer service throughout Ensure shipping and logistics contacts are up to date on internal databases. Support all departments within the company with international shipping requirements and related paperwork. Be a main point of contact for any queries or updates. Process and create all paperwork for export of goods globally. Prepare certificates and any relevant documentations needed for shipping/customs in advance, liaising directly to book delivery/collection slots where needed Track all shipments right from booking until delivery, offering support where needed to wholesale partners Update shipping instructions manual seasonally and ensure this is reflected in Zedonk and filed. Proactively review existing operations and logistics procedures to streamline processes and save costs continually throughout the year Oversee returns from wholesale/private clients, raising related credit notes for the client on a timely basis. Managing the timeline of any necessary repairs with relevant departments and reporting on this monthly Manage delivery of stock swap/ re-order requests Ability to analyse, investigate and identify the stock discrepancies. In season stock allocation of inventory to global wholesale accounts, working with Wholesale and Merchandising depts to create seasonal delivery plans Support the Wholesale team in terms of shipping of merchandise/fixtures for events, sales campaigns organised around the world. Generate weekly delivery performance for the respective seasons in terms of shipments invoiced/despatched, ready to ship reports and preparing, updating of other shipping reports manually. Inventory and logistics management of off-price and sample sale stock. Liaising with warehouse to ensure it is correctly labelled and packaged
Minimum Standards of Performance
- Hours of Work: As contract hours. Consistently ready and able to start work on time every day. Alterations to the above to be agreed in writing by exception with your line manager
- Dress code: Head Office - Smart Casual. Professionally dressed, ready for any planned or ad hoc client meetings in head office at any time
- System – Understanding of data mining & reporting
- Objectives – agree monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives with your line manager and keep accurate documentation on your performance against each.
- Self-development – be proactive about your learning and development needs and take the initiative for developing skills for the mutual benefit of yourself and the business
- Company Policies – adherence to all company policies and procedures at all times
- Represent the Erdem brand, its values and product range to its fullest potential in a competitive global marketplace.
- Solution oriented and able to manage own frustrations in a professional manner
- Respond to all internal and external contacts in a calm and professional manner
- Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within your capabilities.
Small, fast growing company with opportunities to have a high impact and to define your own role.
- Flexible working 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 1 Charity day per annum
- Cycle to work Scheme
Skills, Experience & Capabilities
- Degree level or similar
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a commercial business, preferably in apparel
- Strong knowledge of logistics supply chains and global distribution
- Knowledge of HS code classification, International customs regulations and compliances.
- Understanding and ability to negotiate, benchmark the freight rates and services.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and use of Microsoft office
- Professional demeanour in the office and when handling outside contacts as well as motivated to make smart judgment calls for the company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who builds positive relationships both with internal and external contacts.
- Successful candidates must be pro-active, a go-getter, have the passion for Logistics, ability to multitask, work well under pressure and go an extra mile when required in order to achieve company objectives.
- Performing all duties with tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to combine challenges of working in a creative and spontaneous environment where each day is different
- Excellent organisation and time management skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple deadlines and cope with heavy workloads
Established in London in 2005, ERDEM has come to be synonymous with versatile yet powerful femininity. Founder Erdem Moralioglu trained at the prestigious Royal College of Art in London where he remained to launch the label following his graduation. Known for his use of experimental textiles, vibrant prints, and detailed craftsmanship, Erdem has created a beautiful world of the delicate mixed with the bold.
ERDEM has received numerous accolades over the years, including the 2008 British Fashion Council’s Fashion Forward Award; the 2010 inaugural Vogue / British Fashion Council Designer Fashion Fund Award, the 2012 British Fashion Council’s New Establishment Award, the 2013 British Fashion Council’s Red Carpet Award, the 2014 British Fashion Council’s Womenswear Designer of the Year Award, the 2015 British Fashion Council’s Establishment Designer Award, the 2016 Fashion Group International Fashion Star Award and most recently the Canadian Arts & Fashion International Canadian Designer of the Year Award.
ERDEM is sold in over 170 of the most exclusive retailers, including Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Joyce, Colette, Dover Street Market, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols.
After launching an E-commerce store in 2014, the label opened its debut flagship store in London’s Mayfair in August 2015.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert