Job Role: Assistant Buyer
Reporting to: Buyer
Location: Head Office, West London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hrs per week,
Workplace Type: On-site
Closing Date: 06/01/2023
NOTE: This is a one year fixed-term contract for maternity cover
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
You will be supporting the Buyer through effective and accurate administration, to deliver the collection for the brand, ensuring the product DNA is captured in a balanced, high quality and fashionable range, maintaining on time delivery and target margin to potentialise sales.
Critical Path Management:
- Set up and accurately maintain the departments tracking sheets
- Chase all suppliers for critical path information & review information on receipt to maintain on time deliveries.
- Requesting MOQ, Fabric Prices and Cost prices for new developments logging on CP or Sampling tracker – handover from Design at Sketch and Swatch stage.
- Chase sample fabric/ yarn availability and reserve for proto’s.
- Chase all proto costs prior to the PROTO meetings.
- Chairs the critical path meeting with key stakeholders (Design, Buying, Merch) and takes the relevant actions following the meeting.
- Support the Buyer with fabric & trim approvals,
- Weekly Line Detail check with Merchandising to ensure all the relevant information is correct and deliveries are maintained.
- Chase, track and receive all samples (proto, fit, shoot, press) from the suppliers
- Manage the fit list, ensuring all styles due to be fitted are entered onto the fit list in a timely fashion for team visibility of fits.
- Provide regular ‘hit rate’ updates to management
- Ensure all shoot samples arrive in time for the Pre Production meetings and manage any substitutions accordingly (consulting the Buyer)
- Support BAA with Sample Housekeeping – including sample sales & archiving
Book/ Web Information:
- Complete Brochure and Web book launch checks for accuracy
- Enter the product copy per style into the Product Launch Doc and manage BAA inputting web details.
- Attendance of ‘Trading the Web’ meeting in Buyers absence
- Weekly fit sessions – writing fit notes
- Present monthly collection to store staff and managers
- Support the Designer + Buyer in the Proto &Intake meetings, taking all notes & actions from the meeting and distribute to the wider team.
- Check and approve all sample/ DHL Invoices for department Director sign off.
- Collate the ethical & sustainable data for the Head of Sustainability
- PPM attendance in Buyers absence
- Support the Buyer to Complete Competitive Shop Reports per season.
- Deputise for the Buyer when they are holiday/ sick
- Build and maintain good working & professional relationships with head office, store, warehouse and supply base
- Highlight key concerns to the Buyer (or Production Director in the Buyers absence)
Please note this list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in industry in Head Office and/or in a similar role (preferred but not essential)
- Proficient in Excel
- Are passionate about buying
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills: Must be able to communicate needs and objectives effectively via email, phone and in meetings.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain accuracy in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Team player The ideal candidate would be a well organised strategic thinker who is brilliant at multi-tasking, is proactive and brimming with energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a proactive, professional and positive attitude
- Have an interest in luxury fashion
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off
- Various Health and Wellbeing insurances
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme
- Length of Service Award
- Refer a friend incentive scheme
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training
- Sample sales
- Real Living Wage Employer
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.