Launched in 2017, KNWLS is a fast-growing fashion brand founded by Central Saint Martins graduates Charlotte Knowles and Alexandre Arsenault. Fashion East alumni and LVMH 2022 Finalists, KNWLS continues to build its list of elite stockists and international fanbase.
KNWLS is looking for a highly-organised Production Coordinator with a strong work ethic and great administration skills. The role will be full-time, working from our south east London studio.
- Coordinate all elements of UK and international production, reporting to the Production Manager.
- Responsible for creating and updating the production schedule, monitoring all orders and shipments. Supporting the team to ensure production is launched efficiently and delivered on time.
- Responsible for production admin – raise purchase orders with suppliers and factories, obtain quotes. Coordinate logistics, create commercial invoices and packing lists, track orders and ensure imports are handled correctly.
- Liaise with and foster good relationships with factories and mills. Responsibilities include keeping track of and chasing orders, preparation of order confirmation sheets and processing purchase orders and invoices. Answer production queries and accurate note taking on factory visits. Monitor price, quality and delivery times, report updates to the production team.
- Raw material management – ordering fabric, trims and hardware, prepare the raw material dockets in Zedonk and Numbers, update the raw material tracker, book in and dispatch of raw materials in Zedonk as and when shipped. Assist with product and fabric testing when required.
- Monitor production stock levels, accurate stock keeping for fabrics, trims and packaging on both Zedonk and stock sheets. Order and prep labels, hangtags, care labels and packaging seasonally.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of technical information (tech packs, care labels, hangtags), request technical data for fabrics from suppliers. Keep inventory of finishing and details from the show final samples and through the production process.
- Input and management of product data, ensure Zedonk is kept well-organised and always up-to-date.
- Manage pre-production fittings and adjustments with pattern cutter. Organise master patterns and samples for grading, liaising with the pattern cutter and graders.
- Work closely with the Studio Manager on sample management. Track and log samples movement between studio and factories, ensure samples are called back from press when required.
- Lead quality control, reporting to the Production Manager. QCing fabric and garments in line with brand standards.
- A keen interest in fashion production with a minimum of one year experience in fashion production or equivalent.
- Fashion education background with a knowledge of garment construction, pattern cutting and tech packs is essential.
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of G Suite, Mac OS, Numbers/Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, experience on Zedonk or similar program is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive and process-driven. Must be highly organised with impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, administration and numeracy skills.
- Ability to problem solve and stay calm under pressure.
- Proficiency in Italian or Portuguese is a bonus.
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK. This role will not support relocation or visa sponsorship.
Minimum of one year experience working in fashion production or equivalent necessary. Previous experience working closely with factories in the UK and Europe, handling logistics and working with Zedonk will be advantageous.
Please apply with a CV, short cover letter and salary expectations. Immediate start preferable, but willing to wait for the right candidate.