Merchant (all brands) Relocation to FL provided! - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 27 Jun 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
This position is responsible for achieving sales, gross margin, and profit goals of a specific Omni-channel business through the selection, pricing and promotion of merchandise and by utilizing appropriate merchandising and management techniques to maximize the company's return on inventory investment and space in stores and online. Develops and implements a customer centric strategy that is combined with pre and in-season analysis that supports appropriate actions to sales trends and the ability to maximize business.
• Develops and guides the execution of the quarterly strategic view of the line (SVL) for the brand, focusing on building strong assortment architecture that supports business strategies.
• Performs research analysis of their market and identifies trends and opportunities that can be applied to the core customer; identifies key opportunities leading to business strategies.
• Represents the voice of the customer; has deep knowledge of target customer to ensure product and outfitting deliver exceptional customer service.
• Creates strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Site Merchandising Operations, International, Allocation, and Visual.
• Partners with Sourcing and Product Development. Sets target retails to meet financial goals and communicate to key stakeholders.
• Partners with the Design, Sourcing, and Product Development teams to ensure proper fit and quality of merchandise.
• Partners with key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate distribution to maximize sales of the business.
• Determines quantities to order by style, size, and color; validate to KPI objectives, Line Plan and OTB plan.
• Regularly reviews the sales trend of the business and makes merchandising decisions in partnership with leadership to maximize results and minimize risk.
• Partners with Sourcing team to manage flow and timing of deliveries; ensuring all commitments are met in a timely basis.
• Partners with Marketing to understand (Omni) floor set visual placement of product and impact on sales. Works with Visual team and Merchant leaders on key initiatives requiring marketing and visual placement.
• Ensures ongoing coordination with Digital Commerce Merchandising Site Operations and International teams on final assortment and any updates as needed
• Ensures ongoing coordination with Site Merchandising partners on final assortment.
• Partners with Store Ops, if necessary, to create applicable training and communication to improve workflow.
• Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
Living the Chico's FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Plans and Aligns
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 6+ years of experience in Brand Development and Merchandising for a progressive national multi-channel apparel retailer
• Management experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to run and manage the open to buy
• Ability to work with and interpret numbers and have a thorough knowledge of inventory/open to buy
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and lead cross-functional teams
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert