- Dion Lee
- New York, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Dec 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Full Time
DION LEE is looking for an innovative Accessories Designer to join the New York based design team.
Reporting to the Creative Director, this role will drive, contribute and support the delivery of DION LEE seasonal accessory collections.
The ideal candidate will have an exceptional design vision with a strong experience and understanding of leather goods, footwear, jewelry, and other potential lifestyle categories.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the entire accessories category design process, from concept inception, finalization and hand over to production
- Extensively research creative ideas, newness and innovations
- Develop design concepts and ideas through research, vintage sourcing, fabric and textile manipulation and other relevant tactile experiments
- Finalize sketches with Creative Director in a timely manner to ensure a consistent work flow in the design room
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and sales department to select fabrics and trims relevant to design brief and line plan
- Manage department consultants; Product Developers and Design Assistants
- Please include your portfolio with your CV
- Short listed applicants will be required to submit a design project as part of the interview process
Dion Lee is a designer brand hailing from Sydney, Australia, established in 2009 by its eponymous Creative Director. Renowned for experimental construction combined with traditional tailoring, the brand has pioneered a modern identity for Australian fashion. The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments and architectural silhouettes are dissected to enhance movement and the flow of air and light. After debuting at Australia Fashion Week, DION LEE presented collections in London before relocating to New York, where the brand has become a permanent fixture on the seasonal schedule. Dion Lee is sold globally in over 80 of the world's most exclusive retailers including Net-A-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Selfridges and David Jones. Australia is home to eight stores, each designed to reflect the constructed nature of the product, in an environment that is both industrial and luxurious.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert