an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents' effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company's guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation. You are
seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today! Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You are a creator in a workplace that is inspiring for talented people to drive stellar customer experiences and business results. This is a key leadership position that has broad impact across the organization through influence and direct leadership. The Director has a clear line of sight into how the Tory Burch Technology organization work supports and advances business strategy.
You're also resourceful and collaborative highly influential leader with deep and broad technical knowledge. A sense of humor is a plus! A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might be:
- Driving organizational structures and talent management plans to influence Technology Strategy, Decisions and Roadmap
- Applying a systematic analytical process to executive decision making
- Developing and empowering teams to be accountable for decisions through clear areas of ownership for decisions, actively seeks feedback and incorporates ongoing learning
- Developing organizational structures to support organizational strategy and matches individual's talents to implement strategy
- Fostering cultures of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics, while setting clear and measurable quality goals with a data driven mindset
- Sharing broad and deep Technology knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the Technology activities across the enterprise, while providing a balance of technical leadership and business judgment
- Possessing ownership and accountability over creating new systems and evolving existing systems, allowing the organization to have the tools, resources, and information to be successful
- Driving architectural decisions for functional area and enterprise
- Communicating a compelling vision and line of sight into how the organization's work advances strategy
- Utilizing storytelling to reinforce key messages, increase engagement across teams and to achieve outcomes outside of their direct scope
The consistent thread is that you'll be working with an amazing team of women and men who share your passion for excellence. To Land This Role:
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
- 10+ years of experience leading engineering teams. 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Deep expertise in Cloud Computing preferable GCP/Azure, Distributed Systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong DevOps skills
- Experience in Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with Streaming such as Kafka, Apache Flink, Apache Spark
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or commensurate work experience
- Experience building large scale micro services
- In-depth hands-on experience with the Hadoop ecosystem e.g., Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive etc.
- In-depth hands-on experience with large scale data warehousing
Our Data & Services team plays a pivotal role at Tory Burch where mastering and leveraging our data is a key strategic priority. Our focus is on designing, developing and maintaining applications and services that generate insights and actions to drive omnichannel experiences and fuel growth. We bring technical expertise to solving the business needs effectively and efficiently, while ensuring reliability and scalability for the future. Come join us!How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.Compensation Range
The compensation range for this position is 230,000.00 USD - 295,000.00 USD. Our offer will be based on your relevant experience and work location.Benefits Information
We offer a generous set of benefits to help you take care of your heath, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life. Here are highlights of key benefits available to all Tory Burch members that work over 30 hours.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .