Reporting to the Dean for International Programs, the incumbent will be responsible for the administration and coordination of Semester and Short-term Study Abroad Programs.
- Provide information and guidance to students about application procedures to study abroad.
- Track best practices for health and safety in study abroad and advise the Deans on current safety recommendations for delivering programs abroad.
- Collaborate on development and implementation of ongoing marketing and communication strategies to promote all study abroad programs utilizing FIT's study abroad website and social media (Instagram, etc).
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy student records for study abroad programs, exchange programs, and visiting international students; prepare reports for the Dean for International Education.
- Protect privacy and use discretion with sensitive student information.
- Coordinate study visa applications: advise students about visa requirements, gather essential documentation as necessary, review for accuracy, and provide guidance to students confronting technical difficulties.
- Communicate effectively with liaisons in partner universities abroad to administer programs, advise students and solve problems as they arise.
- Liaise effectively with relevant FIT departments concerning outbound and inbound student applications, course registration, approvals, transcripts, billing, and records.
- Communicate effectively with students regarding application, registration, passport and visa applications, and any emergency notifications.
- Assist with inbound and outbound student orientations and re-entry events for semester and short-term study abroad programs.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
- Experience with study abroad programs.
- Experience in higher education and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide accurate and appropriate information to students, faculty, staff, and overseas collaborators.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, effective oral and written communication skills, proficiency in data research and analysis, and sufficient competency in office software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Constant; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Frequent; Climb- Occasional; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift Additional Information:
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Schedule 93 ; Successor Agreement (page 8)
Hiring Salary: $66,187 per year
Mid Range Salary: $82,135 per year
Maximum Salary: $95,636 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for an Assistant Coordinator in the Office of International Programs.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.