Soft Accessories Designer
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Soft Accessories Designer to create and assist with the drawing of designs for the Men’s and Women’s Soft Accessories Collection for both Europe and Japan. Working in close collaboration with the Head of Design and Ready to Wear Designers to produce designs, colour ways, concepts and Special Collections.
Please note this role requires that you submit an online link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples, this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
• Actively work on Men’s and Women’s Soft Accessories designs with specification drawings using Photoshop, Illustrator and drawing by hand.
• Work closely with the Head of Design and Ready to Wear Designers to produce creative and commercial ranges.
• Liaise with suppliers for appointments, colour cards, and samples.
• Organise computer files for each season into design boards using a Mac Computer.
• Research and develop design boards and swatch book artwork and conduct research on the Accessories market.
• Work with Japanese Licensee Partners on the Japanese Accessories Range and provide design support where required.
• Work in close collaboration with the Design team and Ready to Wear Teams on the design, development and organisation of the Soft Accessories range offer for Europe and Japan.
• Attend national and international trips to fairs, factories and research destinations as appropriate.
• Work closely with the Copyright team to ensure all artworks meet the copyright requirements and are archived on completion of each season, ensuring that this is organised and easily accessible.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Previous experience and knowledge of working in soft accessories and designing soft accessories for a fashion brand.
• Advanced level of computer literacy in Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Office Packages.
• Knowledge of trends and research methods within both the Men’s and Women’s Soft Accessories market.
• A proven knowledge of technical aspects of the product groups such as woven, knit and print.
• Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed drawings, working with design programs and freehand drawing.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Hold a strong ability to deal with people at all levels and build effective internal and external working relationships.
• Good attention to detail. Excellent planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills to time bound deadlines.
• Ability to work using your own initiative, be highly self-motivated and proactive.
• Able to travel throughout the UK and internationally.