We are looking for a motivated, adaptable and dynamic part-time (4 days) menswear PR coordinator to join our team.
About Couverture & The Garbstore
Established by husband-and-wife duo Emily Dyson and Ian Paley in 2008, Notting Hill based concept lifestyle store Couverture & The Garbstore has quickly gained cult status through their ‘shop independent’ philosophy, championing emerging and independent brands from around the world.
We are a company that prides ourselves on our independent, creatively driven approach both in the brands we work with and in the way we develop our roles and people.
- Proactively pitch new season product and stories to top tier mens and contemporary streetwear media for product placement
- Create, develop and drive multi-channel PR campaigns
- Drive Couverture & The Garbstore as a world-class shopping destination via international press, visitor guides and other consumer-facing platforms across online, print and socials
- Proficient in preparing monthly coverage reports to share with wider marketing team
- Liaise with Store Managers for sample product loans and call ins in a timely and efficient manner
- Conduct in-store appointments with journalists, stylists, VIPS and influencers
- Handle VIP dressing / loans to maximise brand awareness
- Research, manage and grow influencer relationships to drive awareness of Couverture & The Garbstore
- Conduct VIP / industry seeding across mainstream fashion, music and lifestyle
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Have an excellent network of mens and contemporary streetwear media press contacts including but not limited to nationals and supplements, consumer, style and trade
- Have an established list of influencers and key industry players
- Have an established list of menswear stylists for press call ins and appointments
- Be able to work independently and proactively
- Be able to to work efficiently with other departments throughout the business such as web, creative, retail
- Have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in the fashion and/or lifestyle PR and communications industry
- Have an understanding of our competitors and awareness of the market activity
- Bachelors degree in marketing / PR / communications or related
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Photoshop skills are desirable.
Salary based on experience