The Retail Performance Management Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing boutique performance and provide recommended action plans based on the outputs. She/He also works collaboratively with the boutique management to improve business performance and with a finance team to prepare KPIs, competitor analysis, and presentations for the senior management team.
She/He is also responsible for internal retail store communications and providing support for store inquiries on various internal KPI systems. Key Accountabilities Sales KPI Analysis
- Create KPI and sales reporting. Analyze KPI and CRM data for market share insights, and identify challenges in sales activities and focus areas.
- Provide regular in-depth analysis of outliers (over and underperforming stores) and work with the Regional action plan to improve the performance
- Provide ad-hoc reporting for Senior Management
- Publish weekly communication to stores
- Provide support in creating various documentation and presentations for the management team (English and Japanese)
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements
- Respond to store inquiries on KPI systems
- Provide support to the management team on ad-hoc requests
- 5+ year experience in the retail industry
- Well-versed in all Microsoft programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, and word. Specific responsibilities include Proficient in excel based systems and data manipulation. Experience with business intelligence tools.
- Solid numerical, analytical, and English presentation preparation experience
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, with a sense of detail. Employ analytical skills and use a data-driven approach to decision making
- Ability to solve problems alongside a strong personal drive
- Detail oriented with strong project management/organization skills (requires working on multiple projects simultaneously)
- Teamwork approach critical - the role requires an ability to build strong relationships with functional team partners
- Flexible/comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Retail store experience is a plus
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required