We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized. Primary PurposeAs the Director, Commercialization & Quality, you will take overall responsibility for ensuring that our product is commercialized and manufactured to the highest standard. You will manage teams in multiple remote locations, ensuring that we have a high level of engagement and partnership with both our brands and our partner factories. You will be taking a strategic approach to execute consistent quality, implement best practices, and drive continuous improvements, in terms of manufacturing, on time performance, product quality and social compliance. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to... Manage Overall Delivery / Quality / Efficiency / Social Compliance
Embrace teamwork, collaboration among Tapestry, develop talents to support business growth.
- Frequent travel to factories to monitor quality, drive improvements and direct the teams.
- Drive for machinery improvement, process improvement, innovation ideas
- Work closely with the Development team to ensure that product specifications are concisely followed in mass production.
- Work in collaboration with Supply Chain Operations to ensure that production schedules are maintained.
- Work in collaboration with the Materials team to drive quality and resolve issues.
- Strategize on capacity / capability to support Tapestry business need.
- Ensure that our approach to quality management is consistent across all manufacturing locations
- Coordinate and take swift action on Quality issues: Root Cause Analysis, Action plan and Sharing, Review Top of Line samples.
- Work in collaboration with Social Compliance Team to ensure that all facilities are compliant and following up with our partners on corrective action plans.
- Participate and contribute to all team activities.
- Have the ability to teach and mentor.
- Be open and listen to team ideas, feedback.
- Communicate and Share Direction / Changes At Good Timing to Team
- Develop and retain talents through training, project assignment, delegation and communicate progress.
- The accomplished individual will possess...
- A minimum of 10-years shoemaking experience, preferably in premium women's fashion shoe manufacturing.
- Strong technical and commercialization skills.
- Quality management experience.
Key Competenc ies
- Strong leadership skills and a strategic thinker
- Strong communication skill in both English Speaking and Writing
- Ability to manage a diverse team effectively in a fast pace, changing environment
- Lean / Six Sigma / Automation knowledge
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Initiative / Problem solver
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Adaptability / Flexibility.
- Ability to drive change
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Strategic thinker.
- Communication: Fluent in English is essential and knowledge of Mandarin would be a distinct advantage.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Cultural Awareness
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE TO