Senior Textile Materials Production Specialist
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Closing date
- 1 Jan 2023
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Senior Manager
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
Primary Purpose: To manage and lead Textile IQC program for both Raw Material Suppliers and Service Providers in Asia including supporting SPs and Production team in managing quality call outs and find resolution. To support Vietnam based development, RMS management and training as well as providing support to Design team when in region.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Material Management team to...
- Leading IQC program for textile by updating IQC document for both RMS and SPs to train the inspectors to be certified
- Managing quality issues of textile bulk production in collaboration with Production operation team to maintain FG production delivery in good quality
- Supporting seasonal developments with Vietnam RMS and managing color approval for milestone meeting sample and bulk production
- Attending team meetings and any necessary project meetings to be updated with fabric development and bulk production, and coordinate with Production Operation team and factories for quality assurance in bulk production
- Exploring new textile RMS in Vietnam based on Supply Chain strategy
- Supporting team manager and team for any special projects or any tasks from Vietnam
- Regularly visiting factories to get visibility of Finished Goods production with textile for opportunities of improvement in quality
- Cooperating with regional cross-functional partners for fabric development and sample management
- Being a representative of Asia textile team to support Brand Design travel to Vietnam
- Administrative supporting like Color proxy distribution, maintaining textile standard/quality library, fabric board update, etc.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Fluent in both written & spoken English language
- Excellent communications skills and strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge and experiences in textile development and/or production
- Familiarity with Microsoft office suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Team player's mindset and attitude
- Experience in administrating collaborative sites/tools such as MS Team, Zoom
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor degree
- + 5 years experiences in textile development and/or production
- Handbag production knowledge and experience a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
BASE PAY RANGE TO
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert