- Kate Spade New York
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 3 Dec 2022
- Merchandising & Planning
- Coordinator / Executive
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
Job Title: Associate Merchandiser - Mainline Small Leathergoods & Tech Accessories
Primary Purpose: Work alongside Merchandising Manager on all facets of the merchandising process for the SLG & Tech Accessories assortment. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in creation of seasonal briefs, participating in product reviews, owning creation of market documents and product knowledge materials, managing data entry, and upkeep and analysis of weekly selling recaps.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in merchandising to...
- adhere to a seasonal development calendar, managing team meetings and deadlines
- analyze global sales, historical data, and global feedback on weekly/monthly/seasonal basis to help better assort for future seasons
- maintain ownership of the competitive landscape, identify trends and stay on top of newness in market; utilize findings to identify holes in the current business and opportunities for future growth
- manage seasonal buy/sales hindsights; analyze data to better understand channel specific needs and opportunities
- assist Manager in creating global (multi channel) line architecture based on both market and business trends
- liaise with all cross-functional partners to execute seasonal assortments from concept to creation
- uphold brand filter and product integrity across categories and markets
- manage all operational aspects of the business, inclusive of data entry and system upkeep throughout development process
- partner with Manager to prepare documents and presentations for all development milestone meetings including, but not limited to, seasonal product briefs, design sketch & product reviews, line pricing, costing reviews, and internal market presentations
The accomplished individual will possess...
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- proficiency in windows-based software such as Microsoft Excel (pivot tables & V-lookups), PowerPoint and Word
- experience working in Microsoft Teams is a plus
- must be able to utilize and master internal software systems
- should demonstrate initiative/sense of urgency; can perform and prioritize tasks under pressure
- strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task independently
- balance of creative and strategic skills
- knowledge of competitive landscape and experience preparing competitive decks
- ability to work closely with multiple departments and interact with employees at all levels
- ability to read selling reports and prepare weekly recaps with action-oriented points for the team; proficient in basic retail math
- college degree required
- understanding of the Kate Spade brand and a passion for accessories categories
- 2-4 years in positions offering relevant experience
- experience working in a merchandising environment
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .
Base Pay Range 60,000 TO75,000 - Annually
Known for its crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication, kate spade new york’s exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. From handbags and clothing to decor, our products invite women around the world to live every day to the fullest.
We believe it’s the people we work with who bring our brand to life. Ours is a place that values creativity. Where colored tights and sparkly heels are standard attire. We’re a group of individuals working together as a team. Succeed and there are plenty of people to cheer. We strive to be the best – to do things in a way that’s uniquely our own. Always optimistic, often irreverent and wonderfully original. This is the spirit of our brand.
2 Park Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert