ASSISTANT GARMENT TECHNICIAN - Production
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 28 Dec 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
To assist the Production Garment Technicians in their responsibility for the sealing process of production garments, including but not limited to launching PP samples, communicating with manufacturers, organisation of fitting sessions and general technical support to ensure a smooth running of the production processes within the Production Technical Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To update the Technical Critical Path accurately and in a timely manner so all information is up to date for the business. To arrange and track all courier costs relating to the technical side of the production department, ensuring that budgets are adhered to.
- To check, process and arrange management sign off for relevant invoices relating to the technical side of the production.
- To organise PPS packs according to the weekly priority schedule. To communicate with factories and establish PP submission dates in order to plan fit session.
- To inspect all PP samples upon arrival and get them ready for fit session.
- To assist Garment Technician during handovers and fit sessions with accurate note taking.
- To assist with factory technical queries during production & follow up on PP comments.
- To assist with Specs update when required.
- To assist with Size set QC and with the issue of a seasonal QC report to factory.
- To assist PGT to provide seasonal feedback for GT team on issues arising at factories. To assist Raw Material Team with seasonal product testing as and when required. To arrange in a timely manner the end of season call back of Patterns, Samples and anything else related to the technical process of sealing in order to process the archiving of the season. To compile end of season store report.
- Must come from a similar role, with 2-3 years’ experience with luxury RTW products, with a great attention to detail and with a good understanding of garment constructions techniques.
- The role requires to be highly organized, confident on excel and have a general proactive approach to daily given tasks.
The ideal candidate must be able to work well within a team but at the same time be capable of working unsupervised in a fast-paced environment.
Established in London in 2005, ERDEM has come to be synonymous with versatile yet powerful femininity. Founder Erdem Moralioglu trained at the prestigious Royal College of Art in London where he remained to launch the label following his graduation. Known for his use of experimental textiles, vibrant prints, and detailed craftsmanship, Erdem has created a beautiful world of the delicate mixed with the bold.
ERDEM has received numerous accolades over the years, including the 2008 British Fashion Council’s Fashion Forward Award; the 2010 inaugural Vogue / British Fashion Council Designer Fashion Fund Award, the 2012 British Fashion Council’s New Establishment Award, the 2013 British Fashion Council’s Red Carpet Award, the 2014 British Fashion Council’s Womenswear Designer of the Year Award, the 2015 British Fashion Council’s Establishment Designer Award, the 2016 Fashion Group International Fashion Star Award and most recently the Canadian Arts & Fashion International Canadian Designer of the Year Award.
ERDEM is sold in over 170 of the most exclusive retailers, including Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Joyce, Colette, Dover Street Market, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols.
After launching an E-commerce store in 2014, the label opened its debut flagship store in London’s Mayfair in August 2015.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert