Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview
Advocate of customer and store needs with merchant partners and advocate of merchant strategies with store teams. Based locally, the LBO plays a highly entrepreneurial role in balancing art and science to influence assortment mix and localize appropriately for each location. Responsible for seasonal floor planning and functions as a strategic volume and margin partner to store and central, ensuring optimized investments and leaning in to calculated risks. Serves as a resident expert in developing store leadership business acumen. Essential Functions
- Share learnings, observations, challenges and wins with store and central teams to ensure alignment and share best practices across different functions and areas such as concessions and merchandise standards and execution
- Monitor sales performance for focus businesses in market to understand and correct deficiencies or to accelerate local store outsized opportunities.
- Identify emerging trends or key items that resonate within stores and communicate with urgency to central partners.
- Communicate specific insight on content opportunities to central and actions necessary to compete effectively.
- Be a strategic partner to store leadership in driving lease volume.
- Work with GMM Initiative Leaders to detail ACE grids prior to seasonal strategies being finalized.
- Assist with consistency of merchandise execution - local interpretation of trends
- Builds store leadership business acumen by building a fashion first selling culture focused on FPST. Help leaders connect the dots marrying reporting to boots on the ground intel.
- Scout the competitive set regularly to provide quick insights and/or significant shifts with appropriate partner. Facilitate discussion around market share information to identify opportunities
- Cultivates key vendor relationships at local level, building upon central relationships with local business discussion and partnership. Advocate for local resource to support stores
- Evaluate gross margin mix/performance by location raising opportunities for improvement with store and central partners
- Owns floor plan process in partnership with store and central partners inclusive of brand matrix, content, adjacencies, and productivity analysis to create the best final product.
- Inform long range merchandise planning strategy to maximize volume opportunities
- Consult on company-wide initiatives like localized pricing and reporting
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits . Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for
Pay Range Candidates in Nevada: Click here for