A spot just opened up for an Associate Design position here at Buck Mason and we’re looking for a woven’s expert to develop men’s jackets and bottoms. The ideal candidate can build tech packs in their sleep and spot the weight and grain of a twill from 30 feet away. In a perfect world, your passion for heritage Americana and workwear styling is matched only by understanding of contemporary market and color trends, and exemplary communication skills. Know your way around a woven? Drop us a line.
- Work directly under Associate Design Director to conduct creative research and concept design for woven jackets and woven bottoms seasonally. Role will include the development of fabric, fit, design, color, and wash process.
- Execute all sketches, details, and technical packages for seasonal designs with the partnership of the product development department.
- Attend fittings and review all incoming prototypes with leadership and development partners.
- Seasonally travel to work with vendors and supply-chain partners.
- Present seasonal products to leadership, planning, and retail teams.
- Organize and deliver all relevant design and concept information to applicable team members.
- Role reports directly to Associate Design Director
The Ideal Candidate
- Creative passion for menswear design
- In-depth knowledge of American vintage, military, and workwear styling
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Strong knowledge of Excel for technical packages
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and wash processing
- Strong knowledge of market trends and color
- Highly motivated and hardworking
- Clear and creative communicator
- Detail Oriented
What we can offer?
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental & vision Insurance
- Fitness & wellness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan with Company matching
- Quarterly clothing allowance