Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated Designer for Denim & Casual product with past experience in denim. This candidate should be highly organized and able to work in a deadline driven environment. Hand sketching & illustrator skills are necessary for the role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Design and develop Denim & Casual product categories for the Lauren Brand.
* Understanding of the RL aesthetic with an eye for detail and quality execution.
* Work closely with the Design Director, VP of Design, wash, fabric, trim, Technical Design, graphic & print teams to ensure Denim & Casual product is designed in accordance with the calendar, quality, and cost parameters.
* Prepare seasonal inspiration boards & internal presentations. Research trend references to coincide with seasonal concepts.
* Partner with cross functional team members to achieve all design calendar deadlines and milestones.
* Create and maintain seasonal design line sheets in PowerPoint.
* Execute tech pack developments and ensure proper execution/efficiency before hand-off. (i.e. gather inspirational garments, fabric info., trims, fit references for development)
* Need to be able to multi-task and prioritize projects during busy periods and when faced with last minute requests.
* Ability to troubleshoot and think creatively to find appropriate solutions that resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Attend Design meetings and communicate design revisions to cross-functional team members.
* Creation of CADS for Merchandising Adoption & Sales meetings.
* Attend all fittings and communicate all design changes from fit.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred
* Design experience in Denim & Roughwear
* Strong communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong hand sketching skills
* Needs to be highly detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
* Proficient in Photoshop & Illustrator #LI-CE1