We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Job Title:
Senior Manager, Compensation Operations Primary Purpose:
A key member of Tapestry's Total Rewards team, this role designs and delivers on our global portfolio of compensation operations programming, initiatives and projects. The Senior Manager of Compensation Operations will develop and maintain compensation data and processes, implement compensation programs that are scalable, and support the development of compensation communications. This role reports to the Senior Director, Total Rewards and works closely with leaders and partners across functions including Retail HR, HR Technology & Systems, HR Business Partners, Communications, Legal, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, and Equity, Inclusion & Diversity. The role is based in New York, NY in a hybrid model. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Compensation Project Management to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Prioritize, multitask, and lead multiple concurrent projects and workstreams with various cross-functional business partners, and handle confidential information with discretion
- Collaborate effectively to facilitate decision-making and alignment between key stakeholders (HR Partners, HR Leadership, HR Technology & Systems, Communications, Legal, Finance, Payroll, Talent Acquisition)
- Drive execution of Year End Compensation review process and identify opportunities for improvement and simplification
- Serve as the primary lead for compensation projects and: create and manage project schedule, identify objectives, coordinate resources, communicate risks, develop roadmaps, and provide recommendations to HR & executive leadership while ensuring programs and business processes are sustainable and scalable
- Create and establish standard operating procedures, documentation, and automation to help the Total Rewards group function more efficiently
- Function as a strategic partner for internal stakeholders to manage compensation related issues arising from pay transparency legislation across the US
- Lead diverse project teams across functions with contending priorities
An outstanding professional will have...
- Outstanding time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an exceptional ability to adjust communication to the audience
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Creative problem-solving expertise
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information professionally
- 7+ years' relevant work experience involving HR programs, including 3+ years of project/program management
- Experience managing compensation programs and familiarity with base pay, variable pay, and equity compensation programs preferred
- BA/BS in a relevant discipline (business, human resources, finance, operations), or equivalent experience
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Experience in an analytics-driven environment with a strong foundation in compensation strategy
- Ability to influence, explain and defend a point of view, and negotiate at all levels within an organization
- Expertise in synthesizing group discussions into clarifying key points and tactical solutions.
- Knowledge of project management tools/techniques to develop a clear understanding of a business need, define the project goals and charter, and ensure alignment with strategic objectives
- A knack for driving projects forward amid stalling forces in an adaptable and agile manner
- Critical thinking and excellent technical & business writing skills to synthesize the results of complex analysis into significant points important to leadership
- Consulting experience in or working with the retail, luxury, and/or global consumer products industry(ies) is a plus
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AC1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ BASE PAY RANGE $115,000.00 TO $140,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary