Title: Senior Account Manager, Marketing
Supervisor(s): Vice President, Marketing & Communications
KO Office: Based in London, UK or Munich, Germany – operating internationally
RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS, SKILLS
At Karla Otto we are always looking for personalities with positive charisma who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a keen sense of aesthetics.
The Senior Account Manager role is a manager position within a leading integrated client team at Karla Otto. Our goal is to deliver outstanding marketing & communications campaigns.
Your role will be to project manage strategic & creative client activities, driving them from conception to delivery. The role requires strong client consultation skills, dealing with the client on a day-to-day basis to provide confident, clear guidance and project updates. As the client operates in multiple markets and Karla Otto services the client across multiple departments throughout the year, the role will require managing several client representatives and projects simultaneously and will demand a high level of prioritizing and discipline. As a Senior Account Manager, you will have ownership on a select number of projects for the client and will be required to easily adapt to a variety of client demands and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete all projects accurately, on time and in budget.
We’re looking for a skilled team member who can show initiative and ownership, as well as working cohesively with colleagues in multiple functions including Strategy, Creative, Production, and Social Media & PR communications. We strive for team members to become holistic players, whilst also advancing in their specialism.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: • Responsible for day-to-day global client management on all aspects of marketing projects, ensuring the client is kept informed, providing them with consultation on both a strategic and project level, and trouble-shooting issues & challenges. • Negotiation with the client on recommendations for marketing activities and project scopes of work, and fees and expenses. • Working closely with client to assess, attribute and drive KPI success via marketing activities.
• Act as key client contact for several market territories, offering consultancy on local marketing activities, encouraging adoption of global initiatives, and reporting updates back to client HQ.
• Create client and partner presentations that establish a point of view, tell compelling stories, and outline facts and goals. • Confidently present strategies, concepts and updates to clients and partners. • Integrated project work, acting as the project manager on marketing activities, leading the coordination of colleagues to deliver to the highest possible standard. • Work hand-in-hand with the team’s Strategists, Producers, PR and Digital experts to handle delivery of projects, working collaboratively on general tasks, timings and budget management.
• Coordinate communications roll-out, working with colleagues in Marketing, Social Media & PR to create, manage and implement clear, effective campaigns.
• Management of junior team members and upwards management of senior colleagues. • Knowledge of industry & cultural key trends, topics, and innovations to help client understanding and inform strategic decisions.
• Collaborate with Karla Otto’s international offices and direct external organisations as required.
• When required, support implementation of projects such as photoshoots or events (using external production partners). • Management of external relationships and suppliers, such as marketing partners, agents, talents, including but not limited to celebrities/VIPs, models, influencers, designers, art directors, photographers, etc. This will include outreach, fee/scope/contract negotiation and services delivery/implementation management.
• Where required outside of existing client work, collaborate with senior colleagues on potential new business opportunities, to develop creative ideas and approaches.
• Assist, when necessary, at any one time on other projects as requested by the business.
• Marketing and communications expertise, with 4+ years proven experience.
• Account & project management of multiple, concurrent clients and projects to a high quality level, including proposal writing and negotiation, inputting into concepts, preparation for implementation, execution, reporting, administration, and invoicing.
• Experienced in planning and delivering integrated/360-degree marketing campaigns, with an understanding of how all touchpoints can work together to maximise impact, either in a specialized team or agency.
• Implementation of the assigned client projects like events, content creation, brand workshops etc. (travel required).
• Fluency in Office programs.
• A strong understanding of the luxury industry.
• Ability to quickly grasp key client information including business model and strategy, products and services offered, and understand issues relating to agency and client industry. • English language fluency, German language is also desirable. Personal Qualities
• High integrity and openness, initiative and project management skills combined with commitment to high quality work. • Excellent writing & presentation skills and a confident presenter. • Meticulous attention to detail, both aesthetically and organisationally. • Excellent prioritising and time management with the ability to work to tight deadlines. • Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ mentality and problem-solving approach. • Business and commercial awareness. • Engaging, collaborative and adept at building internal and external relationships. • Flexible, adaptable style and approach. • Resilient, passionate, and energetic. • Good diplomacy & negotiation skills.