The School of Graduate Studies seeks a Coordinator to provide administrative and project management support to the Fashion Design Department, serving as liaison with industry partners and providing marketing, public relations, and event management support. The Coordinator will work closely the chairperson on all aspects of research and creative projects and the administration of the department to ensure the smooth operation of the Fashion Design MFA department and related tasks.
- Support the programs students and faculty by providing direction, answering questions, providing technical guidance, coordinating orientations, organizing student equipment, supplies, etc.
- Support chair with discerning communications to various stakeholders.
- Assist students in trouble-shooting registration and other matters.
- Provide faculty and staff support and coordination on program curriculum, studio, equipment and administrative matters.
- Administer program pedagogical reporting within the college's Banner system; coordinate curriculum materials, reports and processes; and organize the program calendar and course schedules.
- Support Chair in monitoring budgets, tracking expenditures and maintaining studio equipment inventory with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work with the Chair to organize and coordinate the admissions process and applicant interviews.
- Conduct research and other special projects, as needed, including international seminar coordination.
- Social media content creation and management (including postings) for the program including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Manage departmental web pages including content updates, faculty profiles, event information, etc.
- Plan and execute professional program events in the graduate school studios, on campus and in outside venues for student fashion shows, exhibitions, admissions, presentations, travel seminars, etc.
- Coordination of external events, some internationally, in outside venues requires extensive communication via multiple channels (phone, messaging, and email). May require domestic and international travel for seminars.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of administrative work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent initiator with problem solving abilities, listening, judgment and research skills.
- Effective, dependable professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with document organization (Google platform preferred), Mail, Word, Excel.
- Ability to manage and prioritize the demands of multiple projects and tasks simultaneously through effective time and project management in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as a team with supervisor, and peers and college leaders as well as with other departments and outside vendors.
- Budgeting and analysis skills.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- 1-2 years experience in fashion event coordination and planning preferred.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Constant; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Constant
Office; Classroom; Lab; Machinery
Sit- Frequent; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Frequent; Climb- Occasional; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift Additional Information:
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; evenings and/or weekends; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Schedule 93
Hiring Salary: $66,187 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Department and Industry Project Coordinator in the Fashion Design MFA Department.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.