Do you love all things Data? Are you a believer in ELT, windows functions, and Data Ops? Do you want to be part of an innovative and modern data team? Then we definitely want to talk to you. Our Data infrastructure at FIGS is built on AWS, Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt, Census, Looker, and several other tools. The ideal candidate for this role will help build out our data pipeline, write production level code and tests to ensure data accuracy, and improve existing processes to help stakeholders make faster, data-driven decisions. What you'll do:
- Partner with the Data Analytics and Engineering teams to build, maintain, and enhance data pipelines and models to expand our data warehouse with clean data, ready for analysis.
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to understand unique data needs, gather requirements, and create solutions for high data accessibility and usability.
- Define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, testing, QA, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review, including testing, documentation, and reproducibility.
- Work on optimizing and automating our data pipeline
- Work and interface with external and internal APIs (REST/GraphQL) to extract data
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected and analyzed.
- Help create advanced (outside of self-service level reports) reporting for business stakeholders.
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience or education
- 6-8 years experience in a Data Engineering or DevOps role
- 3+ years experience programming using Python
- 4+ years experience programming with SQL and relational databases, with a deep understanding of SQL
- 3+ years experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience using git and version control
- Desire to continually keep up with advancements in data team practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Other must haves:
- Familiarity with dbt and/or Snowflake
- Familiarity with writing incremental-style data models and pipelines
- Familiarity with DAG software (Dagster, Prefect, Airflow, etc.)
- Familiarity with Devops/Deployments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
A little bit about us...
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.