Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
As a key member of the Gap Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will have a dual reporting relationship to both the Gap Brand President and the Gap Inc. CFO. This position will have responsibility for the Financial performance of Gap brand across all regions - North America, Japan and China. It will also be responsible for the Financial performance of FSAL which includes Franchise, Wholesale, Licensing and the full Japan market including Banana Republic. The primary functional responsibilities include Long Range Plan and Budget development, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Company Planning.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Provide strategic financial leadership in the development of the short and long-term financial plans, and ensure investments are aligned with delivering the brand objectives.
- Champion financial leadership of cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization (Digital, Stores, Regional, Sourcing, Product/Merch, and Tech) while ensuring delivery of Financial goals and maintaining Financial controls.
- Oversee financials for Stores, Ecommerce, Marketing, Overhead, Franchise, Licensing, Wholesale, Joint Venture, and Partner Accounts Receivable and Risk Mitigation.
- Oversee the continuous development of the Marketing Effectiveness team to improve the impact of Media, Digital, and Key Event activities.
- Ensure credibility and accuracy of financial reports, forecasts, and budgets.
- Lead the development and management of the Real Estate strategy including New Stores, Renovations, Format modifications and closures.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Gap Brand and Gap Inc. leadership teams to ensure broad support to identify and resolve issues and optimize business results.
- Manage the Gap capital plan to achieve business cases, maximize return and deliver expected ROIC
- Guide and coach the organization to improve their financial decision making, controls, and develop an empowered, entrepreneurial culture focused on Profitability and Return on Investment
- Engage, motivate, recruit, develop, and retain high performing teams through varying business climates with effective communication, empowerment, skill building and leadership
Benefits at Gap
- Extensive financial experience, preferably within retail, including Corporate FP&A, M&A, and business insights-BS/BA required, MBA or CPA preferred
- Profound understanding of Vertical Retail including Merchandise Planning, Allocation, and Pricing; Inventory Management and Commercial Planning; Supply Chain and Sourcing
- Global experience and understanding of how international market dynamics impact the P&L, FX, and ability to influence remotely
- Proven strengths in marketing effectiveness & brand management
- Comprehend $1B+ ecommerce business; understanding of complex dynamics of digital & analytics and its effect on the economics of the business and retail industry
- Ability to lead with agility, pivoting resources to the Brand's most pressing issues and strategic vision
- Student of the competition with innovative and transformational mindset; profound experience in broad-scale change and rapid growth
- Demonstrated track record of hiring, developing and leading top talent across highly matrixed and cross-functional teams
- Capable of strategically influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.