Senior Manager, Commercial Procurement (18 month FTC)
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 17 Jan 2023
- Senior Manager
Please note that this role is an 18 month FTC
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Occupying a position within the Commercial Procurement team, this role is focused on and responsible for delivering agreed procurement activities relating to our Real estate operations on a 18 month project and collaborating with stakeholders across a variety of corporate functions, including Property, Architecture, and IT infrastructure to deliver optimum commercial outcomes and deliver directly to Burberry's P&L.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to identify and drive savings opportunities, partnering with the business to deliver projects and cost savings in line with agreed targets.
• Procurement activities relating to our Real estate operations, with a focus on office refurbishments, office amenities, office technology and where required, our office infrastructure
• Primary focus on the UK locations, but potential to expand support to other locations globally
• Category management for Indirect goods and services, and to provide support as required across various business functions
• Potential line management and development support for Category Managers and Sourcing Specialists
• Delivering commercial savings and driving value from key strategic suppliers across Indirect categories
• Managing Stakeholders (Business Partnering)
• Member of Procurement Leadership Team
• Commercial and sourcing consultancy to empower the business
• Development and implementation of procurement strategies
• Work with Legal and Info-Sec to ensure quality contracts are in place with credible suppliers
• Provide regular reporting on savings, projects and supplier performance
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Procurement processes and supporting implementation of agreed changes
• Extensive operational and commercial experience across a range of indirect categories (desired category experience: Property, Architecture and IT infrastructure)
• Experience delivering large scale projects scanning multiple indirect categories
• Proven experience of forming and managing relationships with senior stakeholders, including c-suite, and suppliers
• Experience in working collaboratively with various business areas and other category teams within Commercial Procurement
• Strong negotiation skills, experienced in delivering complex RFP processes
• Highly commercial and numerate
• Good Excel /analytical and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Great customer facing skills
• Effective people management skills to recruit, train, motivate and maintain a team
• Ability to deliver tangible results whilst working in a challenging and ever changing environment
• Ability to face and resolve multiple issues in a collaborative manner
• Ability to flex between highly strategic thinking and 'getting the job done'
• Collaborative, pragmatically minded individual that brings others with them on a journey of cultural change
• Self-motivated, high energy level, and a positive attitude
• Comfortable working in a flexible environment, comfortable with ambiguity
• Flexible, prepared to get into the detail, as well as see the big picture
• Comfortable taking decisive action in a busy environment
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert