Sr, Manager, Legal Counsel
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Legal Counsel
Primary Purpose: As Senior Manager, Legal Counsel, you will provide legal advice and support to the Tapestry EMEAI business across Coach, Kate Spade New York and Stuart Weitzman for all European markets. You will be a key member of a commercially focused team, working in an exciting, varied and fast paced environment, providing high quality, practical and timely legal advice. This role reports to the Legal Director for EMEAI and will have one direct report (Junior Legal Counsel).
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of legal documents and commercial contracts (e.g. supply of goods/services, marketing, PR, wholesale, concession, agency and distribution).
- Work closely with the HR team to provide legal advice and support on employment law issues as and when they arise (including instructing external counsel in European jurisdictions, where necessary).
- Provide legal advice and practical solutions on a variety of subject matter, including:
- commercial agreements;
- employment law;
- store operations issues (including liaising and working collaboratively with the store operations, insurance and asset protection/risk management teams);
- consumer laws and regulation; and
- competition/anti-trust law and regulation.
- Manage and respond to incoming legal notices, letters before action, court documents and other legal documents from around Europe.
- Deliver training to commercial colleagues on regulation and legislation relevant to their roles (e.g. consumer and advertising law, competition law etc.).
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional project teams (including Finance, Tax, IT, Store Operations).
- Keep up to date with the ever-changing regulatory landscape and provide legal support to ensure regulatory compliance (e.g. GDPR, environmental and sustainability compliance).
- Enforcement of anti-counterfeiting and IP enforcement program.
- Line manage and provide professional support to junior legal counsel within the team.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- UK qualified solicitor with 5+ years PQE and with experience in an in-house legal department.
- Employment law experience desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication skills with desire to work closely with commercial and retail functions.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business and to work collaboratively with the Global legal team.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Fluency in additional language(s) desirable but not essential.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Superior judgment, professionalism, ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, and assertiveness.
- Comfortable in a varied and fast paced environment with an ability to effectively manage a variety of legal matters and to take ownership of multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intuitive, proactive and able to anticipate needs of the business.
What Tapestry can offer you:
- Hybrid working (3 days working from the Office, 2 days remote)
- Option to finish early on a Friday (Flex Fridays)
- 1 Paid Volunteering Day per year and opportunities to volunteer with global projects
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Internal mobility & career progression
- Regular Social Events - Seasonal & Cultural
- Equity Inclusion & Diversity initiatives which include employee resource groups & regional inclusion councils
Other benefits include:
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Annual Incentive Plan (company performance bonus)
- Multi brand discount up to 50% off - Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman
- Private Healthcare with health assessment (Bupa)
- Bupa rewards - Financial wellbeing support and wellness discounts
- Private Dental Cover
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Gym discount
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert