Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Sr. Director, Men's and Women's RTW Global Merchandising will be a key team member of the Coach Global Merchandising team, supporting the continued growth of Coach's RTW business. The position will report to the SVP, General Manager Lifestyle. Must have Ready to Wear experience. Responsibilities:
An outstanding individual will have...
- Product and Business Strategy
- Lead and communicate merchandising strategy for the RTW category, in both channels, Retail and Outlet; Men's and Women's. Leverage product opportunities and business initiatives across domestic and international channels
- Create relevant product assortments that drive business
- Actively partner with merchandising peers to ensure synergy across total strategy and product execution.
- Partner with VP, Design and VP, Product Development throughout the entire conceptual and commercialization process to build assortment that addresses brand and customer needs/strategies.
- Partner with Business Unit teams to understand, influence and drive business objectives/customer needs, and identify category/product opportunities.
- Create solid Merchandising strategies to support RTW's key 3 pillars for growth over the 3 years: Cut & Sew, outerwear, Fashion (with a focus on China).
- Assortment Planning and Global buys
- Drive assortment style and flow needs
- Communicate changes and impacts cross-functionally.
- Ensure that corporate deadlines are met in order to deliver product on a timely basis.
- Partner with Global planning teams to provide guidelines for global buys and materials pre bookings
- Market Analysis & Reporting
- Analyze sales on a weekly basis to gain comprehensive understanding of the state of the business. Provide global analysis that drives consensus and overall strategy
- Identify product opportunities through regular hind-sighting that incorporates: consumer research, business unit feedback and sales performance analysis.
- Maintain updated knowledge of key competitor product, distribution and pricing strategies.
- Manage retail price setting, target costs and margin goals. Partner with costing team on all costing objectives.
- Organization and Team
- Create and foster a strong culture of learning and development for direct reports and team
- Establish relationships with Design, Product Development , and Global Merchandising Planning
- Create partnerships with key global merchandising peers and BU merchants
An accomplished individual will possess...
- Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for business
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and develop a team
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Minimum 10 years merchandising and buying experience in related business or brand with demonstrated product development experience, preferably in a vertical retail environment
- Experience working with Design and Product Development teams, specificallyReady to Wear category
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 10 years people management experience
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $160,000.00 TO $200,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary