Senior Knitwear Designer
- JW Anderson
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 2 Jan 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Translate inspiration into moodboards demonstrating strong concepts, silhouettes, yarns, stitches, colour palettes and seasonal graphics.
- Sourcing yarns and developing new stitch techniques and finishes coherently integrated with the rest of the collection.
- Lead the design and development process from research to sketch to final SMS through concept building, sketching, photoshopping, draping and garment fitting working closely with the heads of design and PD. Collaborating with rest of the design team, PD and merch to ensure design packs and sample approvals are in line with the design and merchandising brief and reflective of the brand’s aesthetic.
- Responsible for ensuring all sketches and linesheets are up to date and easily presentable to the wider team.
- In charge of proto fit sessions in preparation of company’s review meetings.
- Liaise with the senior knit consultant and assist with photoshop mock ups when needed.
- Travel to factories to launch new developments and ensure all comments are understood and issues resolved to meet delivery deadlines.
- Travel to yarn fairs every season and have a curious, proactive approach.
- Attend PPS meetings to sign off styles for production with help of product development.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the factories.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Strong knitwear technical knowledge.
- 3+ years’ experience in knitwear design.
- Strong research, concept building and creative skills.
- Passionate about pushing knitwear to new levels through yarn, silhouette, innovation and knit techniques.
- Adaptable agile and flexible to be able to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Time management skills.
- Computer literate: Photoshop imperative. InDesign a plus.
- Experience of working for a luxury brand in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with mills and factories in Italy/Asia.
- Full understanding of both contemporary and luxury market.
- Organisational and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team/problem solver.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proactive approach and ability to think on their feet.
Northern Irish designer Jonathan Anderson established JW Anderson in 2008.
At first an elaborate collection of accessories quickly attracted attention, enabling the fledgling label to show on-schedule during 2008’s London Fashion Week.
The success of this debut collection earned both critical acclaim and commercial success for Anderson, whose label is now regarded as one of London’s most innovative and forward thinking brands.
Its unique design aesthetic offers a modern interpretation of masculinity and femininity by creating thought-provoking silhouettes through a conscious cross-pollination between menswear and womenswear elements. This idiosyncratic perspective, which earned the label a cult following, prompted JW Anderson to present a women’s capsule collection in 2010.
A steady growth in demand gave occasion to JW Anderson first stand-alone on-schedule women’s show at London Fashion Week. International editors and buyers have also taken note, gaining the label a prominent reputation in the US, Europe and Asian markets.
JW Anderson has evolved into an internationally renowned and award-winning brand, with accolades including British Fashion Awards for ‘Emerging Talent, Ready-to-Wear’ (2012) and ‘The New Establishment Award’ (2013).
A recent investment by LVMH Moët Hennessy further cements JW Anderson‘s status as a rising, new-generation brand. Following the investment Jonathan Anderson was also appointed Creative Director of Loewe, and works on both brands in tandem.
- 020 3713 9884
21 Parr Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert