The Human Resources Associate is an integral team member who supports the benefits area of HR with a focus on HR systems, data integrity, leave of absence support, and customer service. The associate demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and follow-up to ensure efficient completion of tasks and operational procedures.
Time & Attendance System
- Support the administration of the leave system. Investigate system issues and take appropriate action to correct them.
- Monitor system for monthly completion of employee and supervisor tasks and communicate if non-compliance is identified.
- Ensure proper employee leave categories and update leave categories when an employee's employment classification changes.
- Update department approvers when reporting or supervisory changes occur.
- Validate excused leave for jury duty, mammography/prostate screenings, COVID time (vaccines, quarantine, etc.), and reinstate time to leave bank(s).
- Assist in management of potential leave overuse situations.
Human Resources Information System
- Responsible for benefits-related Banner/HRIS forms and deduction codes; data entry of employee records, benefits enrollments, and beneficiary information; ensure accuracy of manual data entries.
- Assist with special Banner/HRIS related projects requiring data entry, data research, and resolution of data-related issues.
- Analyze associated data reports to ensure accuracy and correct errors.
Performance Evaluation System
- Monitor performance evaluation timelines and submission status; take appropriate action when needed. Update reporting structure if employment status changes.
System(s) User Assistance
- Provide efficient and effective assistance related to HR/benefits system administration and associated HR processes.
FMLA/Leave of Absence Support
- Assist with designation of leaves and leave management, maintain leave request database, and communicate leave related information to employees, as needed.
Departmental Administrative Support
- Provide support to the Benefits team with routine tasks such as reconciliation of monthly billing, Banner benefit deduction audits and related benefits responsibilities.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- Associate's degree required.
- 1- 3 years of HR, HRIS, IT, Computer Science, Business/Finance or related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret and apply established procedures related to time and attendance, leave support and data-related responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently to execute and complete tasks.
- Demonstrated technological skills including Word and Excel.
- Experience with data reporting.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess/demonstrate quality customer service skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Banner Human Resources Information System
- Experience working in a unionized environment
Read Comprehend- Frequent; Perform Calculations- Constant; Communicate Orally- Frequent; Reason & Analyze- Frequent; Write- Frequent
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand-Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Frequent; Climb- N/A; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift Additional Information:
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Schedule 91C
Hiring Salary: $59,633 per year
Mid Range Salary: $69,053 per year
Maximum Salary: $80,403 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Human Resources Associate.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.