eCommerce Merchandising Director, Tommy Hilfiger Global
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Closing date
- 10 Mar 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men's tailored clothing and sportswear, women's collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The role at Tommy Hilfiger:
The Director is responsible for defining and driving the Tommy.com assortment strategy including DTC exclusives, the 'Go to Market' strategy, supporting the trading of the assortment as well as managing and developing the merchandising team of 16 with 5 direct reports. Outside of the E-commerce team, this role is integral in making and maintaining key relationships with Brand Marketing, Divisions (central Merchandising) and Photo studio.
This role will report into Senior Director Ecommerce along with Planning, Site Merchandising and Product Launch and Content.
This role will develop, communicate and drive long-term range strategies that meet or exceed financial plan and customer expectations.
- Ensure product assortments between all divisions/categories are aligned and not duplicative and representative of the overarching DTC strategy
- This team is also responsible for buying for Partner Program including Zalando and About You with new partners on the roadmap
- Ensure seasonal strategies provide an exciting customer experience and support long-term platform and brand goals
- Collaborate with Planning to develop effective divisional plans and trading strategies
- Consistently monitor and evaluate competitive and industry trends translating into fashion-forward product and promotional plans
- Responsible for partnering with eCom Content team to identify impactful commercial storytelling and campaigns to support key lines of business
- Collaborate with Site Merchandising to optimize onsite commercial opportunities
- Partner with Performance Marketing in driving trading actions to drive in season performance
- Foster and maintain strong and trustful relationships with divisions, driving eCom specific needs
- Innovate the way the merchandising team report performance and drive actionable insights
- Train, lead, inspire and develop the team of Merchandisers, while simultaneously allowing them opportunity to act as the managers of their individual divisions
What we are looking for:
- Min 10 years' of commercial experience of which 5 years in eCom/digital (compulsory) pure player a plus
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with proven experience in managing and development a team
- Proven experience of defining and driving category strategy successfully on digital platform
- Strong analytical skills, fact based and number driven with solid experience of digital KPIs and metrics
- Excellent commercial awareness with a strong interest in the fashion industry and a consumer-centric mindset, always searching for future trends
- Positive and 'can do' attitude, flexible approach to learning and supportive team mentality
- Excellent MS Office skills (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert