Our vision is to establish HUGO BOSS as the leading premium tech-driven fashion platform worldwide and to be one of the top 100 global brands. At HUGO BOSS, we work as a team to apply our knowledge, skills and experience together and create a diversity of ideas and solutions. What unites us? We love fashion, we change fashion!
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 14.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
Support the HUGO BOSS subgroup in the US, as well as the entity in Canada, with the preparation of the day-to-day accounting and analytical activities.The Accountant
is responsible to assist to ensure the compliance with accounting guidelines within the assigned tasks and act as a business partner to improve the quality of the financial close.Additionally, assistance of financial audits (e.g. year-end audits) and receivables reconciliation are part of the position.
will work closely with other Finance teams (Accounts Payable & Treasury, Credit department and Tax department), Financial Analysis & Planning, Legal and Business departments. The position is based in New York, New York.What you can expect:Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner to ensure our financial statements are of the highest quality.
- Post and analyze general accounting entries (such as credit card receivables, cash management for retail stores, Concession related matters, Fixed Assets, Accruals and Provisions entries) in SAP on a daily basis.
- Perform fixed assets planning in Excel and planning tool, during planning periods, in corporation with shop construction and financial planning and analysis.
- Analytical tasks to ensure the accuracy of the balance sheet and profit and loss.
- Assist to perform balance sheet reconciliations, including prepaid and provision accounts, etc.
- Assist with yearly risk assessment and the ad hoc insurance related matters
- Prepare work papers for accounting entries accordingly
- Act as business partner and transfer accounting knowledge to other departments
- Contribute to ensure the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close based on internal as well headquarter (HQ) deadlines
- Review if assigned accounting topics are in line with accounting guidelines based on HQ procedures and IFRS updates
- Support with Finance related audits (e.g. annual year-end audit)
- Assist with system development and implementation projects to ensure all projects have the correct accounting entries.
- Collaborate with retail operations and IT to ensure correct mapping of accounting entries prior new store opening.
- Performs other duties as required.
Your benefits:HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of professional accounting/finance experience required
- First experience within the knowledge of IFRS accounting principles, practices, standards and regulations
- Knowledge of SAP (R/3) a plus
- Industry (Retail/WHS/eCommerce) is plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (particularly excel)
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative, hands-on
- Detail oriented and enthusiastic
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Hybrid Working Model
- Flexible Commuting
- Flexible Fridays & Summer Fridays
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- 401(K) with company match
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
- Gym membership discount
The expected base salary range for this position is from $65,116 - $70,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.