At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Project Manager will lead the delivery of an IT project across its entire lifecycle from initiation through to closure. The Project Manager will manage project resources, stakeholders, cross functional activities and dependencies to deliver projects on time, on budget and to a high-quality standard, ensuring alignment to scope with closely managed risks/issues and with a focus on meeting the Burberry defined objectives.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables by conducting primary and secondary research, such as interviewing stakeholders, facilitating workshops, collecting market research, etc.
- Engage business functional or IT stakeholders to establish project sponsorship, and collaboratively draft project charters
- Establish project plans and initiate project mobilisation by confirming project scope, budget estimate, resources, roles and responsibilities
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date project plans, continually revising to reflect changes in the project - and manage third party providers to ensure adherence to planning expectations
- Manage project financials including initial estimates, budgets and forecasts
- Create and maintain accurate Risk / Assumption / Issues / Dependencies (RAID) logs and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor
- Manage project resource allocation, co-ordinating resources to meet project objectives
- Engage the necessary stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and control execution of projects, whether delivered by an internal or third party team, though project phases (i.e. Analyse, Design, Build, Test and Release)
- Provide leadership and decision making support by establishing project governance. Chair project governance boards as needed, and ensure the participation of the relevant stakeholders in decision-making
- Establish and maintain change management plans and stakeholder engagement plans
- Develop delivery life cycle documentation as per the internal method requirements and governance framework
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s), and ensure that internal or third party project team members have the access to necessary tools, people, and information
- Perform project status and performance reporting during the execution, and complete project documentation upon project closure
- Facilitate project completion and transition to relevant parties for ongoing operation of the solution, or ongoing monitoring to ensure benefits realisation
- Close projects and conduct lessons learned sessions - capture and document the knowledge and ensure its availability to other project managers
- Enthusiastic, passionate and driven.
- Significant project management experience on large projects (circa £1M) or programmes of work.
- Proven ability to control & plan project budgets.
- IT Domain expertise.
- Demonstrable experience of using or implementing new processes using technology.
- Proven ability to develop and build relationships and partner with senior stakeholders within the business and IT.
- Relevant Project Management experience across multiple projects in at least 3 full project life cycles, including one complex project / programme.
- Can clearly demonstrate delivery for each project phase, and link the business value created with the process and system improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management development and improvement.
- Experience in documenting requirements resulting in quality deliverables, with limited direction.
- Self-directed and independent worker who can also lead through cross-functional and cross-organisational projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings.
- Self-motivated, creative, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated interest in the creative industries, retail or consumer goods.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || RETAIL || n/a ||