Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Assistant Designer, Girl's Polo Knits will assist in the daily functions of the Childrenswear Polo line from initial concepts, research, and development, through line completion and stock production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist with research in the market as it pertains to product, trim and graphic/techniques
* Create inspiration boards based on seasonal concepts and assist in the creation of design presentation to design leadership
* Create CADs as directed
* Upload sketches, detail sketches, trim and graphic layouts to PLM
* Update CADs, flat sketches, detail sketches and layouts to match update in proto and bulk approval - Partner with Product Development team daily from initial development to final product- by ensuring all Tech Packs are handed off, proofread & accurate with the help of Director and Associate Designer - Attend fittings and work with Technical Design team to help maintain design aesthetic and fit - Connect daily with Merchandising partners on design, color, and cost of product #CE-LI1
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Proficiency in ADOBE Creative Suite such as AI, PS, InDesign, XD - Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word - Knowledge in PLM - 3D Design proficiency is a plus - Affinity and passion for RL brand and Childrenswear design - Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask - Must be self-motivated and a team player - Clear communicator and problem solver #