We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Jacksonville, FL The Opportunity:
Tapestry, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Director of Transportation. The right individual will bring to role initiatives and solutions that drive world class service. The Senior Director of Transportation will oversee, manage, and serve as subject matter expert for all transportation activities encompassing store deliveries and direct to consumer for North America. Additionally, the Senior Director of Transportation will develop and implement strategies to support and coordinate solutions with internal business partners, leaders, and executives to ensure Tapestry, Inc. is on the forefront of innovation and technology delivering customer-facing solutions. An ongoing focus will be to ensure the operations are executed using the most efficient modes of shipping required to achieve goals and objectives. The position reports to the Vice President, Global Transportation and will have substantial interaction with business partners, direct reports, and departments across the Tapestry organization. Approximate budget responsibility: ~$200+ million. The successful individual will leverage their expertise and team members to ...
Specific areas of responsibility and functional focus include:
- Develop and maintain strong carrier and broker relationships.
- Establish, monitor, and report on transportation performance-based KPIs and financial reports
- Negotiate and select carriers and brokers to support the delivery strategy to stores and consumers.
- Manageglobal and regional parcel shipping providers and drive multi parcel carrier management solutions
- Manage 3PL Specialty Retail Pool Distribution partners and develop new pool distribution opportunities.
- Act as key transportation point of contact for the brand's Store Operations group
- Modal oversight of outbound shipping from Fulfillment Centers including TL, LTL, linehaul, and potential dedicated fleet engagements
- Support and evaluate ecommerce and omnichannel fulfilment infrastructure and initiatives, implementing and managing output with 3PLs and carriers
- Work collaboratively with Fulfillment Center shipping departments to ensure efficient execution of day to day shipping goals.
- Analyze the financial and service impact of projects and initiatives in relations to consumers and stores, proposing optimal solutions.
- Communicate with business partners, leaders and executives as subject matter expert.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and regulatory/shipping legislation
- Stay up-to-date with federal and state transportation safety and hazmat regulations
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Direct reports - cultivate, develop, support, and manage a knowledgeable and effective team
- Inbound trucking network (T/L, LTL,) - for merchandise and non-merchandise - establishing routing guides, monitoring, coordinating, and expediting as required to support the brands
- Outbound network to stores - across U.S., Canada, and Latin America leveraging pool network, linehauls, LTL, and parcel
- Negotiate contracts and manage global parcel/small package services to support and deliver service objectives for B2B and B2C leveraging an omni-channel framework
- Support and coordinate deliveries of visual merchandise and supplies shipping from 3rd party sources and the fulfillment center network
- Freight payment, auditing, and accruals. Manage freight payment service providers to support carrier payment process and work with financial teams to understand, explain, and project cost variances, and support accrual processes.
- Leveraging data for reporting, projects, decision-making, and performance management
- Loss prevention and freight claims process - identify risks and mitigate exposure - process, track, and resolve claims
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field is preferred
- 10 to 15+ years of work experience in transportation and logistics
- In-depth experience with multiple transportation modes including Parcel, TL, LTL, and Pool distribution, international experience with ocean and air shipping desirable.
- High proficiency with logistics support software such as TMS
- Experience managing freight payment providers such as CTSI or equivalent
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, other)
- Familiarity with Manhattan or other warehouse management and shipping systems
- Hands on experience with pool distribution tracking systems such as PCS or equivalent.
- Experience with multi-parcel carrier shipping
- In depth knowledge of parcel freight audit and cost recovery systems
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and exceptional analytics skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams
- Hazmat shipping certification or understanding desirable
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to build relationships, collaborate in a matrix organization, and cross-functional teams at all levels
- Established relationships with industry service providers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team, and to lead a team
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism, make decisions, and take appropriate actions under pressure
- Effective time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/