- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 7 Jan 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This full-time position is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking, methodical individual looking to really make their mark within a fast-paced, young and rapidly expanding luxury lifestyle brand as Garment Technologist.
Reporting to the Head of Collections, you will be working between the Design/Development and Production teams to ensure all products are sealed on time according to the critical path and quality standards are clearly communicated to and achieved by all suppliers.
You will work daily on a range of tasks including tracking all stages of garment and accessory development, establishing, and approving graded spec charts, managing the prototype and pre- production fitting, and sealing process. You will have an overview of the Shipment Sample and AQL inspection process, offering guidance on quality levels.
This role is central to the smooth running of the sealing process and quality management and an integral part of the Design and Development team.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The central responsibilities of this role revolve around ensuring the on-time sealing of all styles for the apparel and accessory collections, correct to design specifications and bulk deliveries are to required quality standard.
- Identify current blocks for seasonal developments and where new blocks are required, work with the supplier base to establish these, creating measurement charts and pattern work from reference samples when required.
- Work with the Product Development team to ensure all styles are sealed on time (according to critical path).
- Manage sealing critical path, fit meeting schedule and on-time delivery of all prototype and pre-production samples.
- Manage size standards for all product categories, establishing and maintaining fit and size standards for the brand.
- Document and issue fit comments to vendors in line with the critical path.
- Launch and approve graded spec charts, monitoring correct and consistent grade rules across all vendors.
- Lead seasonal fit and grading reviews with the wider teams and action feedback where required.
- Monitor and record supplier performance and feed back to the production team on where issues need highlighting.
- Keeping update with Care label tracker and testing reports
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A proven track record of confidently leading fitting sessions from Prototype stage through to Pre-Production approval to bulk.
- Previous experience as a pattern cutter or working with development and production patterns an advantage.
- A solid knowledge of garment construction.
- A history of setting and achieving quality standards, appropriate to a high-end/luxury brand, across a variety of product categories.
- Organised and efficient – ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Organisational skills with experience of working to critical deadlines.
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other partners.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of developing other team members an advantage.
- Good office and administration skills, with a systematic approach to logging information.
From antiquity to the modern wanderer, Delos exists in a state of boundless escapism – a collection for men and women born in the Mediterranean and carried by the wind to the four corners of the globe. Named after the mythological Greek island of Delos (Δήλος), said to be the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis, Delos is an exploration of sensuality and style celebrating the lost ceremony of everyday beauty. Founded in 2021, Delos is a culmination of worldly references and techniques: an opulent, pure wardrobe for the luxury nomad. Atemporal in its design approach, Delos meanders across cultures, picking up traditions from East and West in a unified statement of wanderlust and the delight of carefree travel all year long. An emphasis on natural materials is fused with a deep respect for traditional craftsmanship, imbuing each silhouette with a unique combination of fluid lines and soft, textural surfaces. Delos collections are found in some of the most prestigious global luxury retailers including MATCHESFASHION, H Lorenzo, Church, Duchatel, Hudson Bay, 51 East. It has also been featured in renowned publications Vogue, Vanity Fair, Forbes, Rolling Stone, GQ, and more.
51 Catherine Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert