Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.Job Overview:
The Store Leader is directly responsible for all day to day functions, selling and service activity, merchandising, and operational tasks in the physical absence of the Group Store Manager or Store Manager. The Store Leader's primary objective is to drive sales by providing outstanding customer service to the customer through compelling, well executed merchandising and operational excellence. Store Leaders serve a core function in leading the Outlet team in the daily operations of the business, driving sales and profit in a supervisory nature.Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Leadership Team Commitment & Business Ownership
- Establish self through active participation in supporting total store priorities whenever require
- Share ownership of store behavior, performance and engagement
- Capitalize on a strategic succession plan that anticipates job openings and develops internal talent
- Be well versed and knowledgeable about all aspects of merchandise and merchandising. Ability to suggest and implement merchandising decisions to drive the business. Responsible for communicating needs to the Group Store Manager or Store Manager
- Exhibits sound judgment under pressure. Ensures fair and consistent application of all policies and procedures
- Protects company assets. Follows and directs total store operational and cash office policies and procedures consistently to standard. This includes all Asset Protection procedures: Cash Office & Safe Standards, Access Control, Merchandise Protection, POS Room, Risk Management, Receiving & Processing and Fine Jewelry.
- Business Expectations (Consistently ensures a FAST, FUN and FRESH experience for our customers. Requires and delivers a customer experience ready environment)
- Ensures that all staffing is zoned and placed according to outlet standards of greeter, fitting room, and register coverage
- Ensures team is actively engaging the customer, providing a fun shopping environment and servicing all customer needs
- Responsible for maintaining all merchandise standards and directives throughout all departments, ensuring agreed upon floor plans are executed in a timely manner. Initiates and executes all signing standards throughout the store including "up / down", price point and seasonal trend
- Leadership Expectations (Deliver available, informed team members. Approximately 20+ direct reports. Responsible for staff onboarding and performance development to deliver plan through skilled and prepared team.)
- Consistently use rallies/department meetings to communicate business driving and procedural information
- Directs and supervises total store operational functions with a sense of urgency and efficiency with a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Directs and leads the activities of the entire store team to ensure all merchandising, logistics, and visual directives are executed consistently to standard
- Observes and coaches FAST selling behaviors that contribute to making sales and service goal
- Ensure new hires complete orientation/on-boarding education requirements
- Actively own associate development post on-boarding including follow up courses and mentor assignments. Page 2 of 2
- Consistently coach team and use performance review content to communicate and establish clear standards/expectations for selling/support behaviors and empowered/self-driven business ownership.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs