ASSISSTANT STORE MANAGER
The Assistant Manager's primary function is to assist the Store and Associate Managers in managing all personnel, product and merchandising functions, business processes and results for his/her store The Assistant Manager directs and motivates the store team to provide unparalleled, spirited service to all customers, generate sales and profit, minimize losses and ensure the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
The Assistant Manager's goal is to maximize employee productivity, ensure compliance and consistent execution of company Policy & Procedures and established Best Practices, and create an environment which champions customer service and is results-driven. The Assistant Manager assists in the training and development of Employees.REPORT TO
The Store ManagerMAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivering Business Results:
- Articulate corporate mission and business goals within the store. Support corporate expectations and systems. Follow up to ensure proper execution of company initiatives and provide feedback to Store Manager, as needed.
- Partner with store management team to build on business opportunities and achieve Tommy Hilfiger's standards/goals: sales and wage budgets, sales per hour (SPH), units per transaction (UPT), conversion (hit) rate, wage and expense control, shrinkage, mystery shops, store audits and profitability.
- Execute and model Tommy Hilfiger's Policies & Procedures and established Best Practices in Human Resources, Customer Service, Store Operations, Product Management, Loss Prevention, and Point of Sale.
- Achieve company standards/goals for personal sales results: Sales v. budgets, Sales per Hour and Units per Transaction.
- Identify opportunities to grow the business or improve performance. Collaborate with others to improve business performance.
- Managing Customer Service:
- Focus staff on the importance of the quality of relationships with internal and external customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with unparalleled spirited service.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective way.
- Clearly communicate to staff: store and individual sales goals and other key performance expectations; sales results and provide guidance on what is needed to improve performance.
- Clearly communicate to staff all marketing and sales promotions.
- Consistently foster a positive store experience by treating all customers and staff members in a fair and consistent manner.
- Managing Product:
- Ensure "door to floor" Best Practices and visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room are being executed; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution.
- Complete daily/weekly store walk-through; evaluate product performance, pricing, sell through, and inventory levels. Communicate to management what is driving sales results and discuss any issues/priorities, in order to develop strategies to maximize business. Ensure there are weekly visual presentation action plans.
- Maintain Tommy Hilfiger's visual merchandising directives and standards for sales floor and back room; continually review standards to ensure clear and consistent execution. Ensure all weekly updates and e-mail/memos are executed properly and on a timely basis.
- Assist the store manager in the preparation and execution of store inventory counts and follow up on results.
In the absence of the Store Manager the Assistant Manager must be able to effectively manage the store under any circumstances.
- Store Operations:
- Effectively communicate with the Store Manager regarding day-to-day operational issues of the store.
- Assist store audits to ensure store is complying with all of Company Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate with staff daily at morning Meeting if the Store manager is not there - sales goals, and other key performance indicators, store results, product sales and other information to help them provide unparalleled service and achieve goals. Summarize the teams performance results, provide constructive feedback and recognition.
- Perform Manager-on-duty functions; manage store opening/closing functions and the sales floor.
- Ensure store has all the necessary tools (e.g. supplies, resource binders, etc.).